Chapter 14: Little To Big

There's an odd sense of numbness as Bonnie finally awakens. There is a slight feeling but it's uncomfortable and tender which is what he might be mistaking for numbness or maybe the other way around. Very slowly, he begins to move and eventually sits up, quietly groaning as he does as a static-like sensation runs through his whole body. He sits and stares into nothing for a while to let his brain begin to function again, remembering the situation he's in. As he does, he mumbles and rubs his face. Now the countdown until he ends up dead starts. He looks around the room - surprisingly not too bothered by the fact he's infected - and he notices something sitting on the small table next to his bed. A framed picture. Bonnie snatches it as if he doesn't believe it's real and inspects it. It's real. He remembers the exact moment the photo was taken as well – all like it was yesterday – and he instantly gets hit with a lot of mixed feelings. It was after Bonnie got home from the hospital; when his legs seized and stopped working. He's sitting on a chair looking into the camera not smiling, Chica is crouching next to him with her head on his shoulder, Foxy is on his other side, holding his hook underneath Bonnie's chin while he holds two fingers up behind his head and Freddy is just behind Chica with his hand on her shoulder and Bonnie's. Goldie is in the very back holding rock signs up. As Bonnie stares at the photo, he can feel himself start to smile so he slides back down into a laying position and hugs it to his chest, letting himself zone out for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n!"

Bonnie throws his arms open as you walk through the door behind Dr. Kin and you don't hesitate to rush over to him. Nothing is said between you two as you let the tight embrace do the talking, all while Dr. Kin checks something on a machine.

"Ok..." he starts, "you're free to go home since everything is stable. You'll be relatively normal for a few days – probably until you go blind – and if anything seems wrong you have to come back."

"Until I go blind?" Bonnie looks at him.

"I'll explain when we get home." You squeeze his hands.

He nods and you notice the picture sitting on his lap so you gasp and grab it, also remembering exactly when it was taken.

"Where did you get this?" you ask.

"It was just sitting on the table when I woke up."

You scrunch your face up in confusion before you both look to Dr. Kin for an explanation, but all he does is chuckle. You shake your head and clutch the picture to your chest protectively, happy that you have it again since you thought it was lost forever. Bonnie stretches slightly before standing up with the support of your arm.

"I recommend resting for the rest of the day since you'll be getting random and sudden pains which - if you don't rest - will cause you to lock some of your joints," Dr. Kin says. "Tomorrow that should all stop and then it's just the process of Fatal Insanity doing its job. Miss L/n can give you all the details."

Bonnie mumbles as he nods and Dr. Kin leads you both out of the room so you can go home. Now that things are moving, Bonnie is beginning to really think about the position he's in with being infected. He keeps telling himself that everyone won't care because this is nothing new - which is true - but then the thought that it hasn't happened in a while or that he's supposedly the last clean animatronic pops up. It doesn't help that when he walks through the waiting room to get to the entrance, everyone stares at him with empty eyes like he just let every single one of them down. Not just animatronics, but the humans as well. They all look and then sadly shake their head almost as if they're disappointed. It's unnerving, to say the least, so Bonnie quickens his pace to get to the car, gently pushing you to do the same. Although he has only been here for almost a day, he is already craving home.