Chapter 16: Rainy Chat

Bonnie's perception of time has definitely changed since it only feels like an hour or so has passed from when he was at the slum with you to now, the next morning. On a positive note, however, when he woke up, you were laying next to him still fast asleep. Yes, he did wake up in the really early hours of the morning but it makes him happy nonetheless. Seeing your perfectly relaxed face really does something for him that he can't quite explain. You're just so precious. He'd do anything for you. Slowly, he moves his hand towards yours, which is laying just in front of him, so he can gently grab it. As he subtly runs his thumb across the back of your hand, he shifts closer to you so his forehead is touching yours. It feels different in some strange way, as if something in him is either overworking or glitching in some way. Normally, that would be concerning but now, however, it's giving him a rush throughout his body. It doesn't hurt in any way, nor really feel uncomfortable but it's definitely making him want to move so as to change how he's feeling – even though he kind of likes it. There's just something about having you so close to him without any threats that makes him almost forget the entire situation he's in, feeling as if it's back all those years ago when things were happy and carefree. Happy...happy.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie gently kisses you as he murmurs incoherently and then he begins to hear a familiar sound that gives him mixed thoughts. Rain. He looks up just above the headboard of the bed to the window and already sees streaks of water running down the glass. Although the thought of being in water puts him on edge, the simple sound of it is oddly relaxing so when he puts his head back down, the confusing feelings he's been having are even greater with the extra comfort.

"Bonnie..." you mumble and start to move, starting by rubbing your eyes.

He doesn't answer for some reason but rather continues to stare. After you glance at the clock you sigh and move closer to him, laying your head next to his chest.

"How long have you been awake?" you barely say as you're still mostly asleep.

"I don't know..." Bonnie starts to zone out.

With one hand holding the back of your head and the other holding your waist, he begins to focus on the physical feeling of it. As a bonus, you have your arms around him in return.

"Did you at least get some amount of sleep?"

"I don't know..."

You huff and slowly move so you can prop yourself up on your elbow. You hold one of Bonnie's eyelids open and stare into his eye, inspecting it. It's day four of him being infected which means there are three days until he goes blind so his eye colour should be almost grey at this point – which it is. His beautiful red eye colour is practically gone. You fall back down into a laying position and sigh, staring up at the ceiling, all while Bonnie seemingly mimics you by propping himself up on his elbows.

"Are you upset, y/n?" he asks.

You look at him. "I...ok. Yes, I'm upset. Why wouldn't I be?"

Bonnie opens his mouth for a second before closing it. It is true that there aren't many things to be happy about and those little things are constantly being outweighed by all the bad stuff but – from a certain perspective – this isn't the time to be wasting. Bonnie doesn't have a long time until his brain fully shifts to being infected and though he might retain most or at least some of his normal thoughts, it'll never be the same. It's even worse when you think that he doesn't have a lot of time left in the terms of living as almost every animatronic is doomed to succumb to the Devil's Infection in some way. There's a slight chance he could be brought back to life but he probably won't have any memories or be the same person. Plus, it's never been done before.