Coming Out {29}

Depuis le début

                “But it all worked out for the best, so whatever,” Gage said with a shrug.

                “Now we can finally just enjoy the rest of the dance!” Gav said happily, wrapping an arm around Rose’s waist.

                I wasn’t surprised that the action made my heart ache a little. I was guilty, sure, but not surprised. I knew I wasn’t over him. I was starting to move on, but my feelings weren’t.

                Alex took my hand and squeezed it, offering me a little smile. His eyes held a knowing look, but I could tell he wasn’t mad or jealous.

                “Tonight is going to be a good night,” Gage said, smirking and leaning against Lyle.

                Lyle wrapped an arm around Gage and returned to smirk. “Yes it is,” he said with a flirty wink.

                “Hey, hey, hey. Save it for way later. We’re going to my house after the ball. I don’t want you guys screwing in my basement,” I said, rolling my eyes at them.

                “I’m surprised you’re not screwing Alex right now. I mean, I would. Look at how sexy he looks,” Gage said, eyeing Alex.

                Alex blushed slightly and I shook my head at Gage. “Eye rape your own date!” I whined. “Alex is mine!”

                “Hey, you’re the one who was going to get him after sex,” Gage said, snickering.

                “Fuck you. It’s not my fault I can’t say six!” I said miserably.

                “Trav, we all know you want to have sex. So either find an empty room with Alex, or come home with me tonight,” Gage said. Aw man. I could tell by his expression that he wasn’t kidding. Damn horny midget.

                “No way. You’re coming home with me tonight,” Lyle said.

                “Maybe,” Gage said with a shrug. “Only if I can’t get Trav.”

                “Gage, you are a horrible person,” Gav said, laughing.

                “Can we just pretend we’re not related?” Rose asked with a hopeless sigh.

                Gage rolled his eyes. “We’ll be right back. I have to talk to Trav about something. Just wait here,” he said.

                He grabbed my arm and dragged me away from Alex. He led me to a room that had no one in it and shut the door, locking it.

                He turned to me and raised an eyebrow. “Well? How was it? How was your first kiss with the ever sexy Alex Radke?” he asked.

                I smiled. “It was amazing,” I said, aware that I sounded like a complete girl.

                “So, are you going to officially ask him to date you?” he asked.

                I thought about it for a minute before nodding. “Yes,” I said, glad to hear the confidence in my own voice. “Yes, I am. Tonight.”

                “Looks like you’re moving on from Gav,” he said.

                I sighed and shook my head sadly. “No. I still have feelings for him. I still…love…him. But I’m going to be with Alex. I’ll get over Gav. I’ll be loyal to Alex, and Alex only,” I said fiercely.