Chapter 35

One week later

"Hey, you ready princess?" A voice from beside me says.

"As ready as I'll ever be Junnie." I sigh as I look down at the flowers I'm holding.

"Hey, everything is going to be all right. You know that don't you?" He says, trying to cheer me up.

"Yea, but it's going to be so hard not seeing him here with me." I say, struggling to hold back the tears.

"Everyone is waiting. Let's go." He gently says and I nod. He wraps his arm around my waist to keep me supported as we walk to the cemetery. As we make our way to the casket all eyes go to us and I suddenly feel awkward. Everyone was here to show respect for their friend or ally. The pastor then speaks up.

"Thank you all for coming to the burial of Park Jinwoo..." he says and I don't really listen as I'm in my own world.

Before I knew it they were lowering him into the earth. I could hear a few sniffles going around and I tried to hold back the tears but they started falling on their own. Yeonjun noticed this and gave me a hug which instantly made me start sobbing.

"It's okay. Let it out." He says soothingly as he rubs my back.

Everyone looks at me with sympathy in their eyes.

"They may not have been close, but they truly cared for one another." I hear Rocky say quietly.

"Gone too soon, a friend, a brother, a son. May his soul Rest In Peace." The pastor finishes and we all take a moment of silence to remember the moments we had with him as the casket finishes being lowered. I recall one of when we were younger and a small smile plays on my face.

Flashback

"Psst, Hana, wake up." I hear JinJin say from the side of the bed. "What?" I groan. "Mom and Dad are asleep and no one is patrolling outside. Me and the boys are gonna go escape for a bit. Wanna come?" He asks and I instantly get up. "Heck yea." I say and run to get dressed. Any moment we could escape from our duties, we would. "Ready?" He asks as I finish throwing my hair in a ponytail. "Yep, let's go." I say and we head down to meet all the others. "Hey glad you could tag along." Sanha says. "Any moment I can get away I'll take it. Now let's go." I say and we all hop into a van. "Where are we going?" I ask the boys. "Well since it's your 15th birthday tomorrow and we are going to be busy we thought we'd have a late night picnic just the seven of us to celebrate. JinJin says as he's driving which makes me smile. "Oh my goodness I love you all so much." I say as we pull into a random field. "We're here." JinJin says as we hop out of the car. Eunwoo carried the basket and Bin had the blanket and we found a spot and set up, handing out food as we went. "Thank you guys for this. It means a lot."' I tell them as we start digging into the food. As we eat we talk and play some games for a few hours until JinJin suddenly brings out a cake and suddenly starts singing happy birthday, everyone joins in and I hold back my tears. Once they finish I blow out my candles and give them all big hugs. "Thank you so much." I say through sniffles. "You're welcome. I hoped you enjoyed this surprise." JinJin asks and I nod, smiling at him. "I did. I love you all so much." I say and we go back to playing some games.

Flashback End

"Hey, we're ready to go." Beomgyu says  to me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look down at the flowers I'm holding and quickly place them in front of JinJin's tombstone. I send a small smile and give one last look at the stone then get up and walk back to the car with Beomgyu.

"You ready?" Yeonjun calls from the drivers seat. We nod and drive off to the hospital. I'm handed a few tissues to clean myself up.

"Has Kai woken up yet?" I ask the two boys.