Chapter 19

This will take place before Hana has returned.
***
Kai's POV

It's been several weeks since we lost Hana and let's just say that the boys aren't taking it very well. We've gone back to the point where we barely talk outside of missions but it feels so wrong now. I've also noticed lately that Taehyun and Yeonjun are hiding something from me because they have been very secretive lately. I think it's just them two but I can't tell. What I do know is that I'm the leader and if I'm left out of something I don't like it.

"Hey Kai, can you review this file for me please?" Soobin walks into my office placing a file on my desk.

"Yea sure." I say as he leaves.

I look down at the file as Soobin leaves and I scan through it. Everything looks fine to me. Sighing I put the file down and get up and leave my office making my way to the kitchen. I spot Beomgyu at the island eating a cookie.

"What are you doing?" I ask him making him stop eating his cookie.

"What does it look like?" He replies.

"Looks like you're painting the Mona Lisa." I joke as I walk over earning a smirk from Beomgyu.

"Who made these?" I ask grabbing a cookie.

"Hana did, she froze a bunch and I found them in the freezer earlier so I decided to put them to use." Beomgyu says grabbing another cookie.

I nod grabbing one as well and lean against the counter taking a bite. Woah these are good

"So what's been happening lately Kai? We haven't seen you for a while." Beomgyu asks me, I just shrug.

"Nothing much B, just doing work." I say as I finish my cookie.

"Do you miss Hana?" Beomgyu blurts out of nowhere causing me to freeze and stare at him.

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"Do you miss Hana cause I sure as heck do." He asks again looking down.

"No I don't. So all of you need to get out of this slump you're in because it's affecting our work. Maybe one day she will understand what we tried to do for her and come back but until that happens we will not do anything." I tell him seriously, lying through my teeth.

"Man you're heartless Kai." Beomgyu sighs.

"You know why I'm like this B, so please just move on from her and focus on work or I will personally make you focus cause I'm sick of you moping around ." I threaten and walk out.

I head back to my office and sit in my chair, sinking into the back. I let out a deep sigh rubbing my temples.

"I was probably too harsh on him wasn't I?" I ask myself.

Before my thoughts took me away I hear a ding from my computer. Looking at my computer I notice an email from ASTRO pop up. I immediately sit up and open it in hopes it is Hana. It obviously won't be her Kai. I begin to read the letter and immediately know it is her father. See told you. I scan the contents of the letter and my eyes start to widen.

"Why would they do this? Are they asking for a war?" I ask myself in disbelief.

My door is suddenly opened and I don't notice who comes in.

"Hey Kai can- are you okay?" He asks my frozen state.

"Call the boys for a meeting ASAP." I say urgently not taking my eyes away from the monitor.