Weekends with Daichi

Credits to the artist of the fanart above❤

And sorry for the late update. I was supposed to update this yesterday night but I fell asleep :<

♤♤♤

I ran out of food at my place due to binge-eating purposes, that's why here I am now, pushing a cart almost half full of food. I am currently at the grocery store.

With a lollipop in my mouth and earphones on, I hummed the song playing as I stroll through the food sections.

I wasn't exactly looking at where I'm going, so my cart bumped into another person's cart. I am completely aware that it's my fault so I quickly bowed and apologized.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't looking--"

"Y/N?? That's you, right?"

"Eh? How do you know me-" I looked up and saw a smiling Daichi. "---Ah!! Daichi!"

"Yeah." Then he looked at my cart. "I'm guessing you ran out of food at your place?"

I sheepishly smiled. "Well, yeah you could say that." I changed the subject and asked him, "So uh, are you by yourself?"

"Not really, I'm actually with--"

"Daichi, I've been looking for you--Oh my, Y/N!! Such a coincidence to see you here too!"

So he was with his Mom.

I bowed. "Hello, Sawamura-san--"

"I told you to just call me by my first name! No need for formalities!"

"A-Ah, okay, Chiyo-san."

"That's more like it! Now..." She pushed Daichi towards me and said, "...I'll let you borrow my son. I'll leave you two at it then!" Then she faced Daichi. "I'll take our cart. You help her shop okay?"

After that, she really did leave with the cart Daichi was pushing earlier, truth to her words.

"Where were we again?"

Just like that, Daichi and I carried on our shopping. We talked as we shopped and we were laughing, making food puns. Well actually, I'm the one making them. Daichi just... reacts really well.

"Daichi, what did the pear say to the other pear?"

"I don't think I would like to know--"

"We make a great pear!!!"

"I--"

"How bout this one? What did the pea say to the other pea?"

"..."

"Peas be mine!!!"

♤♤♤

You just kept going on and on about your puns and Daichi just facepalmed. Though as if your laugh was some kind of virus, he couldn't help but laugh too.

He was pushing your cart as you fill it with food you like.

At that moment, an old couple passed by the two of you and smiled.

"When we were young couple back then we used to shop together too. Really brings back memories, right honey?" The elder woman said to her husband, audible enough to for the two of you to hear. You didn't though, since you were too pre-occupied by picking chocolates, but Daichi certainly did. And he's being all embarrassed about it.

He tried to ignore what the elder said and hide his blushing cheeks, but the more he tries to put it at the back of his mind, the more he kept on thinking about it making him blush even more.

He glanced at you and secretly thank god your back is currently facing him---

---Aaaaand, you turned around, catching him looking like a bright red tomato.

"Gosh, Daichi! What happened? You look so red..." You walked closer to him and leaned your face closer to his. Then you put your palm on his forehead. "...You're so hot---!!" You realized that could be misinterpreted as something else and a blush crept to your cheeks. "--I-I meant your body temperature okay!!" You cleared your throat and pulled your hand away from his forehead, regaining your composure. "Did you get sick--"

You were beyond shocked when he held your hand and put it on his cheeks. He thought your hands felt so soft like marshmallow and wanted to feel it again.

S I L E N C E

After a few seconds, Daichi came back to his senses and let go of your hand frantically.

"I-I'm sorry!!! It's just that your hand felt so soft..."

Your eyes widened and you blushed furiously. Omg Daichi just complimented my handskslsksjslal!!!!

"O-Oh!!! Is that right? W-Well then uhh, should we continue our shopping?" You stuttered, struggling to even say a single sentence.

"Of course."

The both of you carried on, and soon finished with a cart full of food. You went to the counter with Daichi trailing behind you, pushing the cart.

After you paid for your groceries, you thanked Daichi for his assistance.

"Thank you for helping me today, Daichi. I really appreciate it." You said and bowed.

"No need for you to thank me, really. If I were being honest, I enjoyed your company too, even though all you did is talk about food puns. But your welcome."

"Hey!!! My food puns were good!"

"Yeah sure."

"You were being sarcastic just now, weren't you?"

"So you could tell?"

"But you laughed too!"

Daichi chuckled making you grin.

Your conversation ended when the staff finished packing the groceries you bought. And damn, there were five heavy plastics full of groceries.

You being you, didn't think about this part.

Daichi noticed that you looked stressed about how you're going to take those home so he offered help.

He carried two plastic bags in his right hand and one in the other so that youbonly get to carry two.

"Daichi, are you sure about this?" You asked him since you knew it's heavy.

Daichi smiled at you and assured you, "Of course. This is nothing. I'll just consider this as strength training."

"Is that so? Okay, but tell me if it becomes too heavy for you, alright?"

Daichi nodded.

The two of you then walked to your place. It's just a 5 minutes walk anyway.

When you arrived, you and Daichi huffed in exhaustion.

"Wanna come inside to cool down for a bit?" You invited him.

"Yes, please. Thanks, Y/N." He wiped his sweat off his forehead. But what you caught you off guard is when he used his shirt to wipe the other sweat off his face. You were ogling at his abs and he ALMOST caught you staring.

When he looked at you, you pretended to look at the groceries as if something interesting suddenly popped out.

"Do you need a towel, Daichi?"