Weekends with Yamaguchi

Hey hey hey!!! I just wanna say that I appreciate my readers very much, and I hope y'all enjoy this fanfic🙈

Credits to the artist of the fanart above❤

♤♤♤

I rang the doorbell and heard muffled sounds inside.

"Tadashi, get the door please!" A voice which sounded like a middle-aged woman shouted.

Well, crap. Are his parents home? Should I turn back now? Shit. But suddenly turning back after ringing the doorbell would be rude.

The door opened and let's just say we both look unprepared.

"Y-Y/N?"

"Yeah, hello to you too Tadashi. I'm sorry I wasn't thinking when I came here. I didn't know your parents were home. I should probably go--"

"No, it's fine! But why are you here?"

"Uh, nothing really..." Then I looked down on my feet. "...I just thought that maybe we could go watch a movie or two. Kinda like a movie marathon. You see, I'm bored so..."

"And of course we can do that, Y/N." I look up to his face and saw him smiling eyes closed. "Come inside, I'll introduce you to my parents."

I just nodded and followed him.

I saw his Mom reading a book, meanwhile his Dad was reading the newspaper. They noticed my presence, making both of them stop reading. They eyed me so I bowed.

"Mom, Dad, this is Y/N. A friend from the school." Yamaguchi introduced me.

"Oh, I see! Would you like to eat something, dear?" His Mom offered.

I quickly shook my head. "A-Ah, no need for that, Mrs. Yamaguchi. But I appreciate the offer."

"Do you have a project to work on?" His Dad asked.

I panicked and fiddled with my fingers.

"We're just going to hang out." Yamaguchi said. Then his parents gave him a look. "A-As a friend, of course! We'll just be in my room then!!"

Yamaguchi was pushing my back while we were walking.

"Leave the door unlocked, okay dear?" His mother shouted which caused Yamaguchi to blush.

Once we arrived in his room, I sat comfortably on the floor and put the plastic full of snacks (which I bought in the nearby convenience store) beside me.

"So, what do you want to watch, Y/N?" Yamaguchi asked as he turned the TV on and put it in Netflix.

I thought for a moment and said, "I wanna rewatch Kimi no Nawa (Your Name). It's been a while since I last watched that movie." Then I remembered another movie. "But then there's Hotarubi no Mori e too..."

My last brain cells were arguing and it looks like I'm having a press conference with myself. I snapped out from my thoughts when I heard Yamaguchi chuckle.

"How about this then? Let's play rock-paper-scissors. If you win, we're gonna watch Kimi no Nawa first. But if I win, we're going to watch Hotarubi no Mori e."

I nodded in agreement. "Bet."

"Okay, here we go. Rock, paper, scissors!"

He went for scissors and I went for rock. Which obviously meant that I won.

"It's Kimi no Nawa then!"

The movie started playing and Yamaguchi sat beside me as I open the bag of chips.

"Want some?" I offered, my eyes still on the TV screen. He just hummed and muttered a thanks.

Our fingers would occasionally touch, but I don't mind. I was so caught up in the movie. I even started sniffling, tearing up.

"Need a tissue?"

"No, thank you. I've already watched this. I'm not going to cry." That's what I said. But then the movie theme song started playing in the background and that was the last straw. I bawled my eyes out. "I take back what I said. I need that tissue."

He stifled a laugh and handed me a box of tissues.

When the movie ended, I swear my eyes were all puffy and my nose and cheeks were red.

"Y/N, are you okay--"

The door suddenly opened interrupting Yamaguchi. It was his Mom, with a plate of sliced fruits and two glasses of iced tea in her hands. Her eyes widened when she saw me crying.

"Oh my gosh, dear are you okay? Tadashi, did you make this poor girl cry?" She asked and put the plate down on the table. She put her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow.

"Of course not, Mom!! We were watching a movie. I would never make Y/N cry."

I smiled at what he said.

"Is that so?? Alright then. Imma head out. Enjoy your movie marathon then, sweeties. I'll just be downstairs if you need something." Then she exited the room.

After that, we started watching Hotarubi no Mori e.

In the middle of the movie, I spaced out. I put my head on Yamaguchi's shoulder and asked, "Hey, Tadashi. What if I suddenly disappear like Gin? I mean, no one knows, even I, don't know how or why I ended up here. Just a few weeks ago, you all were fictional and now, I'm right here, interacting with all of you." Then I chuckled softly. "Sometimes I still think that maybe I'm dreaming, you know? I wonder though. If all of these are real, would you remember me when I disappear?"

Yamaguchi fell silent for a while before answering, "I don't know." Then he added. "But if I were to choose, I'd choose to remember you. I can't even imagine forgetting you. I mean, you're Y/N. You're an amazing person. And if you were to just disappear in thin air and leave us someday... Well then we have no choice but to await your return, don't you think?"

I smiled at his response and snuggled to him.

"You all better forget me not and wait for me if that happens." Then I grinned. "This is kinda like a movie date."

♤♤♤

He WISHED it was a movie date.

"Pffttt Tadashi, you okay bud?? Chill, man." You laughed.

You continued leaning on his shoulder until the movie ended. You watched two more movies before you decided to go home since it's getting dark already.

"Thank you for today, Tadashi. I really enjoyed our movie date." You joked.

You expected him to blush again, but instead he smiled and tucked your loose hair behind your ear.

"Yeah, I enjoyed it too."