Weekends with Tsukishima

Aight so Haikyuu is ending and I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight.

♤♤♤

Today I decided to bother one of my friends.

Yes, I chose the word "bother" since he'd be the only one who would be bothered by my presence.

That just shows how annoying I am around him. What can I say, I am Y/N. I came to this world to annoy him.

Kidding aside, I went to the Tsukishima's with a strawberry shortcake in my right hand. I know he loves these. Especially when I'm the one who bakes them. He just doesn't show nor admit it, but I know he does. I could tell from his facial expression. At least when I come over he won't be as annoyed as usual.

I rang the doorbell and Akiteru opened the door for me.

"Oh if it isn't Y/N!" He exclaimed. Then he yelled, "Mom! Kei! Y/N's here!" He looked back to me and opened the door wider with a welcoming smile. "Come on in, Y/N."

"Thank you for having me. And um, sorry for coming without short notice." I bowed.

"No need to apologize. You know Mom loves it when you're here. You're like a daughter to her. And you're like my little sister." Then she patted my back.

Right at that moment, Mrs. Tsukishima walked out from the kitchen to greet me.

"Y/N! You're here!" Then she hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Good morning, Mrs. Tsukishima."

"I told you to just call me Keiko-san!" She said with in a disapproving tone.

I chuckled. "Okay, Keiko-san."

Then she looked at Akiteru. "Where's your brother?"

"He probably has his headphones on again, that's why he didn't hear me earlier. Wait, I'll just call him." Then he went upstairs to get Tsukishima.

"By the way, Keiko-san. I have cake for everyone." You showed her the cake.

"Oh my, did you bake it yourself?"

"Yes. I'll be ashamed to come here without bringing anything so I baked a cake." I said shyly.

"That's so sweet of you! I wish I had a daughter like you. But then again, you could be a part of the family instead-"

"Mom, what are you telling Y/N again?" Tsukishima appeared, he was leaning on the staircase. Then his gaze fell on the cake I was holding. "Is that cake?"

"Yup!" I said, popping the 'p'.

"You baked it?"

"Yeah, because you loooove my food~" You teased him which just made him roll his eyes.

"Why are you here anyway?"

"To hang out with best boy Tsukishima Kei of course." Then you pointed your fingers at him and winked. He made a disgusted look, meanwhile Keiko-san and Akiteru laughed.

After that, me, Kei, Keiko-san, and Akiteru went to the dining table to eat my homemade cake.

"As expected of Y/N! This is so delicious! You should come here more often." Akiteru said. Then he nudged Tsukishima. "Kei, you're the man. At least invite her over!"

Keiko-san had a delighted expression on her face with one of her hands on her cheek while eating. Tsukishima had the same expression except the hand-on-cheek part. I'd pay to see him do that. Lol.

"I'm done. I'll be at my room." Tsukishima stood up and put his plate in the sink. He was about to go upstairs when he stopped in his tracks and looked at me. "You can come if you like."

He continued walking, his ears a bit red. Keiko-san squealed like a teenage girl and even slapped Akiteru's arm. Meanwhile Akiteru mumbled, "Kei's so cool. I should do that too."

I just laughed at their silliness and excused myself.  Then I went upstairs to Tsukishima's room.

I saw him studying on his study table. Reading his textbook. How I wish I was that diligent too.

He was wearing his headphones again.

So I sneaked behind him, only to have him notice my presence. Awww and I wanted to surprise him too. Is he a psychic? Saiki is quaking.

"What are you doing this time?" Tsukishima said.

"I was about to surprise you." I said with a pout.

"Ha, nice try."

He returned to what he was doing. I stared at his headphones for a couple of seconds then I got curious. What music is he into?

I neared him and leaned closer, our cheeks slightly touching. I felt him flinch. I'm just trying to listen to his music, duh.

Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh-so-tight
Show me that you love me too

I gasped. I know this song!

"This song's old right? It's really good. I know how to play it in the guitar." I told him.

So I looked around his room and found a guitar at the corner. I took the guitar and sat on the edge of his bed.

Then I started strumming.

Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh-so-tight
Show me that you love me too

I sang the lyrics too. Tsukishima stopped reading for a while and glanced at me. Then he took his headphones off.

Put your lips next to mine, dear
Won't you kiss me once, baby?
Just a kiss goodnight, maybe
You and I will fall in love

♤♤♤

While you were singing, Tsukishima had a small smile on his lips. He was looking at you softly. Though you didn't notice this as you were busy with the guitar.

People say that love's a game
A game you just can't win
If there's a way
I'll find it someday
And then this fool will rush in

You looked up from the guitar and your eyes met.

Put your head on my shoulder
Whisper in my ear, baby
Words I want to hear, baby
Put your head on my shoulder

Your voice was sweet like honey. Tsukishima really liked it. He likes the way you sang every lyrics and the way you looked at him tenderly as you strum the guitar.

You strummed the guitar one last time and ended the song.

A moment of silence filled the air.

Until he spoke. "Not bad. Didn't know you could sing."

He said that, but he liked the way you sang the song more than the original.