Fate.

Based of - 3x01
Words - 1421
Warnings - mentions of death.

A/n - Hi, yes this is the end of kind of season 2. I know technically the last few parts have been based on the first few minutes of season 3 but eh. Anyway, I really recommend listening to even if it's a lie cover by dodie for this part. I thought that it really fit all the sad mushy feelings for this part. :)

Time was ticking and both you and Murphy knew that

Time was ticking and both you and Murphy knew that. The empty packets of food almost taunting you. There must've been only a few left before you would be out and then it really was only a matter of time. Then again, it had always just been a matter of time since the moment the door locked. But still, a lot had changed. Because now instead of yelling at Murphy, you were wrapped up within his touch. Again, something you never could've predicted.

Neither you or Murphy could've ever seen this coming. Yet still here you both were. "Why did you actually follow Jaha?" The boy finally asked, breaking the silence that had since surrounded you.

Of course, Murphy had already heard of the things you had told. The things that happened at Tondc. But he believed there was more to the story. He knew you wouldn't just leave an awaited war to follow Jaha into a place only known in stories. "What do you mean?" You question him as your eyes reach up, hand still drawing circles onto his chest.

He shrugged. "I mean I know what happened with Raven but what about the whole Mount Weather situation? Weren't you suppose to be like co-leading the whole thing." Honestly, you had no idea as to what Lexa would've ordered you to do. But that didn't really matter anymore.

You knew of the answer Murphy was searching for. The reason the guards had dragged you into lockup after something you had deem able a perfect reaction. It wasn't everyday someone who was suppose to take care of you had actually tried to kill you. "The poison they used at Tondc, it was from the Ark." You began to explain, removing your gaze from the boy above you. "Turns out it was a joint plan between my mother and a grounder. They knew what Lexa's reaction what be. My mum was just hoping that maybe Lexa would take me with Raven." You explained as your words fell sugarcoated. Something Murphy had seen right through. 

You were hurting a lot more than you were letting on. Maybe because you didn't want to feel like so when you knew these were your last days but it was still there. The pit that fell empty in your stomach as you were reminded of the woman who had always yet someone else take the blame for her doings. The woman who did what ever she needed to for her even if her reason was nothing but a paranoid lie. The woman who was suppose to care for you unlike anyone else.

It hadn't taken the boy to catch on, realising the things that had just formed from your lips. "She wanted to kill you." He speaks as you nod your head, telling him his statement was right.

Swallowing, you continue. "I was never meant to actually be arrested." That was the thing to spark Murphy's interest. All this time he had known you as the peaceful girl who had stole things before getting caught. But now being told you had never actually done something criminal, you were just a girl who wanted peace. "My mother had been the one to slip up. And exactly like my dad had done years ago, I covered for her and I got thrown into the Skybox." You went on to explain.

"You were never meant to be sent to the ground then either?" He questions. To which, you nod. Maybe that was a good thing. What if you hadn't been sent to the Ground? What if you lived a semi-normal life where you simply did your job within the Camp? But you never would've had the thing you do now. You never would've learnt anything.

You take a slight moment before looking back up at Murphy to start again. "My mother thought that I was now a threat to her. That when the Ark came down, I would go straight to the council to tell them it was actually her. So, she thought the only way to stop that would be to kill me." At this point, your eyes had begun to water. The realisation overflowing your mind. But even with that, you were reminded of the comfort you had around you as Murphy let his fingers circle over your forearm every so often. "She is selfish, Murphy. She doesn't care about who she hurt's even if it is her own daughter. Yet still, she's allowed to walk around as if she did nothing." Your words came out much stronger, anger laced within them.

Murphy's head had dropped. It was as if your tone had made him jump back to the things you had called him. That had been right up until he kissed you to stop your hurtful words. "Sounds like someone else you know." He says, eyes looking up at the ceiling instead of you.

Your mind was quick to change from anger to guilt as you took in the boys sentence. Granted, you had never thought the highest of Murphy but he wasn't your mother. Your fingers reached the boys hair before gently falling through it to bring his eyes back down to you. "Your not like her, Murphy. You care. Maybe you don't show it as much as everyone else but you do."

Murphy's lips fell sympathetic as he looked at your. He thought he wouldn't believe you but somehow, because he trusted you, he did. His forehead fell to yours before his lips met your own. Despite the fact that you were slowly dying, Murphy had been able to forget about it for just a moment. But that moment meant everything to him. "I care about you." He told you after bringing himself back from the kiss.

You weren't able to reply, to shocked at the things Murphy had just admitted. If anyone else had heard it he knew what their reply would be filled with nothing but teasing and laughter but you were different. You simply just smile through the pain that was overwhelming both of you. Because no matter what was said, what smiles were shared with one another, it would all be over soon enough. Food would run out and you would simply be left with nothing but your growing fate.

So you made the moment last as long as you could. The two of you were both aware this may be the last bittersweet conversastion you would have. That his would be the last time for you actually tell the other how much they meant. But you knew that you had both been doing that through certain words since you had met. The way he felt as if he could really listen to you unlike everyone else when you first landed on the ground. Or the way you would defend him even through the darkest of things. The way that no matter what things you said to another, what things you did hurt each other, you still trusted him and he still trusted you.

And now you were being forced to come to terms with that fact that it would all soon be over. That you were really dying in the arms of the boy you loved. And soon enough it would all be over. You would leave behind everything. And you would leave behind the regret of the last words you had said to ones you cared about. How you had left things with Raven, Bellamy, Clarke. They hated you. And you were going to die hated. Well that was for the exception of one boy.

For that small moment, they had been the only things to fill your thoughts. But those worries would been nothing. Because just as you were about to drop your eye lids, there was a click. A small noise of hope, of redemption. A flicker of relief that maybe this wasn't over. Maybe you'd have chance to say the things you needed to say, to hug the ones you wanted to again. That this wasn't over.