To be Dead or Alive.

Based off - (A little of) 1x01, 1x02
Words - 2390
Warnings - violence, blood.

The next morning, you set out a plan to cross the river without almost dying, again

The next morning, you set out a plan to cross the river without almost dying, again. You had watched it happen to Octavia, you weren't looking for the same. It had been Finn's idea to use one of the vines to swing across the water. It would save you a lot of time instead of walking all the way round but it also had the penitential of breaking. The idea seemed to be worth the risk as everyone agreed to take part.

You stood next to Jasper, watching as Finn pulled on the vine. It looked as though it would be able to hold his weight. "You wanted to go first. Now quit stalling." Clarke teases him, "Mount Weather awaits."

"Just hang on till the apogee and you'll be fine" Jasper assures him. It wasn't as if he fell that he would be falling to his death but sure, that works to.

"The apogee like the Indians, right?" Finn was good at earth skills but terrible with every other subject apparently.

Both you and Jasper seemed to realise his hideous grasp of the subject as your brows narrow. Finn didn't notice your expression as his eyes were trained on the vine in front of him. "Apogee, not Apache." You correct the boy.

"He knows." Clarke tells you. Did he? "Today, Finn." She tried to encourage as she awaited the boy to do as he said he would.

"Aye, aye, Captain." He smiles as his hand goes from his forehead as a way of saluting. "See you on the other side."

He was leaning down, ready to jump off from the rock when Jasper cut in. "Wait-" You were able to catch on as your eyes wonder down to Octavia. She had been looking up at Finn as if he was the only person left on Earth. Jasper wanted to be in Finn's place. "Let me. I can do it." It hadn't taken long until Finn understood and happily let the boy take this one.

Passing the vine over to Jasper, you speak, "Good luck." A small smirk washing over your lips as you move so he would be able to jump.

"I knew there was a badass in there somewhere." Finn compliments as he does the same as you, moving back slightly.

Though, fear still looks as if it was too much for him. His eyes wide as the once smile he had, disappeared. You couldn't blame him. If he fell, he would die. "Hey, it's okay to be afraid, Jasper." Finn tells him, "The trick is not fighting it."

The boy then turns around to you, as if asking if Finn was telling the truth. "You said it yourself, you can do this." He takes a moment before falling away from your glance and taking a deep breath. Jasper could do this, right?

With one swift jump, Jasper left the edge of the rock. You all watch, hoping he'd make it to the other side. And he did. Maybe with a fall, but he still made it. He got up from the floor, a smile never leaving his face as he realised he had done it. "We are apogee!" He yells as his hands are flown into the air.