The Benefit of the Doubt.

Based of - 1x04
Words - 3630
Warnings - Suicide, violence.

A/n - So sadly this is gonna be the last of murphy for awhile but the next few parts are really going to focus of the reader and the start of her personal storyline. :)

Murphy had done the expected : he had gone to seek out revenge

Murphy had done the expected : he had gone to seek out revenge. He thought it was understandable. How were they allowed to hang him for something he didn't do and get away with it? He planned to find Charlotte, the girl who had actually killed Wells. The girl who was the reason Murphy almost lost his life.

You knew he was angry, that was obvious, but he didn't have to do this. Whatever he was planning, there was a better way. What they did to him was wrong but if he retaliated, that was just as bad. No one had been able to stop him. This was different now. It wasn't the asshole who had a past of killing, it was a small girl. But a small girl who been able to commit murder.

You shove your way to the front, trying to find Murphy. Him and Bellamy's other Guards stood just outside the tent they were hiding Charlotte in. The look on Murphy's face told you he wasn't in the mood to talk. Yet, still, you do so. "Murphy," You begin trying to make his eyes meet yours. He doesn't. "Please, just listen to me. You don't have to do this." You try to convince.

He finally faces you, letting his eyes soften. He wasn't able to look at you with aggression. Though, his voice was still laced with it. "I could've died if that little runt didn't speak up earlier." He snaps, turning so he was facing you and not the tent.

"But she didn't, okay? She confessed before you...-" You couldn't finish your sentence. Having to admit he could've died seemed to dark for you right now.

The fact that you couldn't have made it laughable to Murphy. He was almost dead and you didn't want to admit that it was Charlotte's fault. "Before I almost died, yeah. And what if I did die and she had gotten anyway with it? Huh? You think that's fair?" he questions you. Of course you didn't think it was fair. You didn't think any of this was fair.

"Murphy, what they did was wrong and we tried to stop it but-" Yet again, the boy cut you off.

"But you didn't." After saying so, he snatches himself away from your glare. He wouldn't let this go. Not when he would've died. Deep down he knew he was acting off anger but he also knew that what happened wasn't right. After turning away from you, he shouts, "Bring the girl out now!"

Charlotte was guilty, she had admitted to it, but this was still wrong. Killing people for crimes were what the Ark did. You didn't want to be up there again. Though, it didn't seem to matter if the Ground was going to have the rules. You grab onto Murphy's jacket, trying to make him listen to you. "Come on Murphy. Just let her explain" You suggest. Maybe if she explained, he'd understand. Then again, that would be a big maybe.

He scoff's and your idea. He wouldn't look like a coward. He wouldn't back down, even if it was you asking. He pulls away from your grip, sending you a glare. "You want to a build a society, princess?" He yells to Clarke who still stood in the tent. "Let's build a society. Bring her out!" You words were doing nothing.