The Only Thing.

Based of - 2x12
Words - 2209
Warnings - kinda violent, Murphy almost dying but not really.

Based of - 2x12Words - 2209Warnings - kinda violent, Murphy almost dying but not really

There was still no sign of anything remotely telling you that you were on track. Like Murphy had asked, you had map, no direction as to where you were going. Hell, you didn't even know if this place was even real. You very much doubted it. Mainly considering that this had been all of Jaha's crazy idea.

Though, since you now had to pull Emori's cart, your pace had slowed. But if she said she knew the way to this City of Light, hopefully it'd be worth it. At least now you knew you were going the right way. Zane, on the other hand, he was so convinced. He didn't trust the girl. He didn't have any reason apart from that she was a grounder. Something you would try and convince him otherwise. Skaikru needed to stop seeing that all grounders were bad. You had done. Then again, that had only made them hate you more than they already did.

You nudge the boy's side, watching as his eyes were practically shooting daggers in the direction of Emori. "Loosen up, she know's where she's going." You tell him as your eyes begged for his to move away from the grounder and down to you.

He sighs, but does as you had wanted. "I don't trust her." No, he didn't trust grounders, you tell yourself. You were pretty sure only you, Murphy and Jaha were certain the girl spoke truth and would take you to this City of Light.

"She's trying to do the same thing we are." You defend her as you still trail loosely behind the group. Zane had assumed the only reason you were defending her was because of the relationship you currently held with grounders. After the incident he had had with Murphy not long since, he had promised himself to stay out of your business. Even if that meant going against what he believed in.

His brows narrowed, facing you. "And what is that exactly?" He questions.

You were following a man who you hated because you had no other choice. He had convinced so many others that they would save there people by doing this. Where as, he had convinced you that you had no other options. "Trying to find safety, peace." You answer him, a small smile filling your expression.

He wasn't as bad as you had assumed. Granted, you didn't agree with half the things that came out from his mouth, but he meant good. He didn't trust Emori because he didn't want his people, you, to get hurt. That was his reasoning behind everything: he wanted to keep his people safe.

Murphy, on the other hand, didn't quite see him as so. Though, he didn't really agree with most people he encounted. Zane being one of them. He didn't think before speaking. Neither did he care for the things he said. Though, for a moment Murphy did think he was only making up excuses to hate him. Especially while he had been watching you.

He had been given the job to help pull Emori's cart. Although, despite being set at the front of the line, he was still able to hear your laughs from behind him. The laugh that hadn't been caused by him but Zane of all people. It was genuine. Even in this stressful situation. You were forced into a set of people that you hated. Yet, still, Zane had made you laugh.