Chapter 9|| Tears

QUIRO

It's still 2:00 in the morning but here I am reading some papers already for work. Next week will be my flight back to San Francisco. I have loads of appointments and visitations to do when I got back. Another stressful week for me I guess. I'm still busy reading the papers my secretary sent to me earlier when I heard some voices outside the hallway. My forehead immediately wrinkled to the thought of someone is awaked in this hour. Our housemates will be awaked every four o'clock so who's the one making the noise? Out of curiosity, I stood up from my bed and walk towards the door. My forehead wrinkled more when I saw Driss talking someone in the phone. Nakatalikod ito sakin kaya hindi ako nakita na lumabas.

"Okay thank you. I will be there." She immediately turn her gaze to me then jump a little when she saw me standing behind her. "Kuya! You startled me!" She said while holding her chest.

"Why are you awake already? It's still 2:00 in the morning Driss. You should go back to sleep." I said but she just sigh and shook her head.

"I can't kuya. I have to go to the hospital." 

"Why? Are you sick? Why are you going to the hospital?" I ask one after another.

She and her son Rio arrived here last night. Keighfer is out of town because of its work that's why he decided to take his wife and my niece here for a while until he comes back from abroad. He doesn't like the idea of leaving my sister and his son alone in their house. Well it's okay to us cause my parents are very gladly to take care of their grandchild. Their only grandchild. The house is always welcome for them. 

"No no. I'm not sick kuya. It's about Kris. Zoe called me and she said that Kris needs me now. I don't know what happened and why but I just have this feeling that she is in trouble." 

Trouble? Ano naman kaya ginawa ng babae na yun ngayon? 

"Okay. I'll drive you to the hospital then." She just gave me a smile them nodded. 

We took my car then drove it to our hospital. I don't know why but I felt something weird while driving. I felt bother of the thought of her getting into trouble at this hour. Driss immediately the hospital. We entered the 3rd floor and saw some nurses, doctors and the chief waiting in front of the door. They all looks so worried and what caught my attention is the woman who is familiar to me. She was the woman whose with Kris at the Conference. She faces the door and knocks on it several times. What the hell is happening hear?

"Miss Driss. Mr. Logan." The Chief greeted that makes the other nurses and doctor look in our direction.

"Ano po'ng nangyari kay Kris?" My sister ask, full of worry. The chief approach the familiar woman who has a teary eyes when she look at us. 

"This is Doctor Joene. She's with Doctora Ocampo before it happened. Can you tell them what happened?" The familiar woman then nod and slightly wipe her eyes with her hands. 

"It's about her patient. The kid." I immediately frowned at what she said.