“Bad holy shit or good holy shit?” he asked nervously.

                “Good,” I said with a nod. “Definitely good holy shit.”

                Alex chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back tightly, determined to make him happy tonight. I wanted to see that honest smile on his face again.

                “Ahem.”

                The sound of Collin clearing his throat had Alex and I pulling away from each other. I glanced at him, again thinking of Gage.

                Collin was wearing a black tuxedo like me. He looked good, though nowhere near as good as his little brother did.

                There was a pretty girl in a bright red dress standing next to him. Collin glared at me in hate before taking her hand and leading the girl over to the couch.

                “Collin! Bri! Don’t sit down,” Mrs. Radke said, grabbing Collin’s shoulder. “Go see your father. You, Alex, and your dates. He wants to see you boys with your dates.”

                “Yea, let’s just go show dad that faggot,” Collin growled in annoyance, flicking his gaze to me.

                “Collin, I’m not afraid to ground you right now. You can just go sit in your room while your freshman brother enjoys the senior ball,” Mrs. Radke threatened. “Now quit being a brat. Get some maturity.”

                “Come on Collin,” the girl, Bri, said nervously, tugging on his arm and leading him out of the room.

                “Come on,” Alex said, taking my hand in his.

                “Travis!”

                We paused and faced Mrs. Radke curiously. She sighed and shook her head, offering me an apologetic smile.

                “I’m sorry about Collin,” she said.

                “It’s okay,” I said, forcing a smile. It wasn’t Mrs. Radke’s fault her son was a complete prick. I had a feeling Collin had always been an ass.

                Alex led me down the hallway to a bedroom. He paused and gave me a small smile. “I hope you don’t mind meeting my dad,” he said.

                I shook my head and squeezed his hand. “I don’t mind at all!” I said honestly.

                Alex opened the door and we entered the bedroom. Collin and Bri were standing at the edge of a bed that held a man propped up on pillows.

                My heart sank at the sight of him. I realized that at one time, this man had probably had Alex’s golden blond hair and lightly tanned skin. He looked like he had been muscular and active.

                But now, he was just lying there, his skin pale and his hair weak and graying. He was incredibly thin, and giving a weak smile at Collin.

                He turned to face us and his lips twitched as he tried to smile wider. “Alex!” he said happily, his voice coming out rough-sounding.

                “Hi dad,” Alex said, pulling me over to him. “This is my date, Travis.”

                “Nice to meet you Travis,” Mr. Radke said.