Chapter 27

You know what the worst thing....finishing a book. I really liked this one and now its over. I'll let you people read now while I think of what to write next. Maybe a sequel? Who knows? The possibilities are endless.

--keep on dreaming

~*~

 Sometimes getting home is a lot faster than going away from home. The journey that took Vince and I two days to complete was done in less than five hours. Maybe it was because there were clear skies. Maybe it was because all three of them were teaching me on how to fly straight and graceful. I took heed to their advice and kept one arm stretched outward with my body forward. Flying became easier and balanced. My wings were spread to its full wingspan to catch the wind and only flapped to gain altitude. Then there was speed. Speed was flapping hard and fast while leaning forward—way forward.

Having them teach me made me forget about the blistering pain in my wrist and chest where the snake had bit me and the knife had cut into me. I just sailed along in the huge sky, taking in the sights of the view below me. Trees, roads, buildings, monuments. It was all the same for miles and miles on end, but it wasn't boring me at all. It was beautiful rather than dull. Around fall, the deciduous trees became orange,red, and yellow. They covered hillsides and cities. The way the sun set on them, made them golden. That was a beauty.

The boys around me were ahead by a few feet. I strayed behind to see all of these wonderful sights. At home, in the sky, all I would see are the city lights. Besides a bird's eye view of this wasn't going to happen everyday.

Home would be close soon. According to dad, Boston was only a couple of miles away. With that plugged into my eager fourteen year old mind, I dashed as fast as my wings could take me. True, I was bustling with excitement. Not to go home; however, but to see Brooke, Liam, the twins, and possibly the Marshall family. On my two day adventure, I've missed them both.

They were probably worried sick about us. Questions would be asked later. The most important one? Where is Lucas? Liam would ask that one with sad eyes and an unsure voice. Lucas was a brother to him. How could I tell him that Lucas decided to let go of everything and turn to evil as a comfort? First of all, how could I even break Liam's heart like that? I couldn't. It wasn't like me, but someone would have to tell him. It would have to be me.

Vince sensed my sudden anxiety and raced after me. He flew beneath me and held my hand. He flashed me a smile, but I couldn't really smile right now. Lucas just ruined my perfect flight. Why did he have to go and leave us all? He knew Liam looked up to him. Lucas knew that he was the strongest and the oldest. He's supposed to lead us in the right direction. Even Vince, who was born a demonic, chose our side.

I slowed down and sighed. What was I going to do?

My hand ran down my face in an attempt to mask the worry from everyone else. Of course, Vince happened to notice. Luckily, he said nothing to me. His hand just stayed on mine, reassuring me that all would work out. Listen to your own advice Faithy, my head told me. Don't be scared. It will get better.

I really couldn't say that I lied, because I didn't. It would get better eventually but only for Vince. He would find a place to stay. For me? No. My advice didn't work for me. First, Liam's best friend is gone. Second, my sister is dead again. It can't really get much better than what I had now. And now, all I had was Vince, dad, Liam, and Brooke. If they were gone, the Halo-Born was nothing.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

The lights were on in the house, and I hoped that it was Brooke and Liam in there. If another one of the Laws, I was going to scream my head off. I stepped up to the door and sighed as I knocked on the door. Dad, Vince, the twins, and Isaiah were behind me. The twins we picked up right away. The Marshall's greeted me with open arms. Steve was scared when he saw the blood the cuts and the bruises. I had laughed and said I was fine for hugs.