Chapter 6

"Whoa," a voice said as a hand picked me up off the ground. "Hey, are you okay?"

I opened my eyes to see an unfamiliar, yet familiar face. There was no name I could remember to put to his cute, pretty boy face. Dirty blond hair and same colored eyes as me. He was smiling his cocky smile, but I frowned. I pushed him away and dusted myself off. Some guys can be such jerks.

"What the heck," I yelled. "What were you trying to do? Scare me to death? Sheesh! I'm just walking!"

The boy stopped me as I tried to walk forward. "No. I'm really sorry. I didn't think you'd be so scared."

I grumbled, "So you honestly think climbing trees and jumping out in front of random girls is fun?"

He grinned, "No. It's not fun. I got stuck in the tree. I just wanted to get down. Also, you aren't a random stranger Faith."

As he spoke my name, I remembered. This boy was Liam. He was the guy who came to save me. It was a surprise meeting him here and in this way. I was still mad though. He should know better than scaring a girl. I could have hurt him. Bad.

"So what are you doing around here," he asked me, looking up at the branches.

I answered,"Well I got lost to tell you the truth. Do you like climbing up trees?"

Liam shook his head and chuckled, "No. I hate it, but Lucas' plane is still up there. He's going to kill me for using it."

His eyes trailed upward towards the top. There was a plane stuck between the branches. It didn't move in the wind. It stayed stuck in on the top. I grinned. Climbing was a specialty. Hope always teased me for being such a monkey. Stuffing my hands in my pocket, I scuffed my shoe on the ground and looked down at my feet.

When I looked up, Liam was cocking an eyebrow. He was still giving off that cute lop-sided smile. I smiled back. Liam stepped closer to me and pointed up to the plane. For someone who barely knew me, it was like he did know me.

"But you like climbing trees right," he stated.

"That's an understatement," I yelled as I shot up the tree.

It was easy for me. Whenever I held onto the trees, it was as if the bark phased with my skin, making it seem like I would never fall off. The tree also spoke to me. It told me which branch was safe and which one could break under my weight. Climbing this one, I noticed how different the environment was. This tree sounded mean and uncaring. It was nothing like the trees back home. Those trees were considerate. All of the plants back in my small town were considerate and well-mannered.

It must be because of the people around them. That must be the reason why they were acting like this. They've seen so much. They've hear so much. Because of the surroundings, they were influenced wrongly. This tree cursed at me to get off, but I kept on climbing. It hurt a little to see how much nature was affected by human interaction. It made me think about how much we affected everything around us. It made me know that everything had its feelings. I wished everyone else knew better.

When I reached the top, I loosened the plane which was about the length of my arm. The trouble was getting it down. I set it down on the branch and went down a step. The process repeated until I was close enough to Liam. He took the plane from me as I jumped down. Liam laughed again and set the plane down next to the remote control. He put one fist in his jacket pocket; the other scratched the back of his head.

He beamed, "Thanks Faith. Lucas would have gut me. Where did you learn how to climb like that?"

I answered him proudly, "I spent most of my free time residing in the woods. I learned there. It's really easy. It's like my ABC's. So what are you doing here in Boston? Don't you live inland?"