Chapter 15

Chapter 15. Wow. I am too busy, but here it is anyway. I'm really running out of time to write. I might quit writing stories for a while. :( But I don't really wanna. Anyways, happy reading.

~~**~~

 Sixth period passed slowly, even as Hope and I walked the perimeter of the gym. My eyes still never left the clock. Each agonizing second would go by and there was a pain somewhere in my body. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. Nerves crept in my limbs. Fighting Vince was going to be tough. Was it really a good idea? Why did I agree to this?

Hope rolled her eyes and cleared her throat, but I ignored her. It was my choice to go ahead with it. It was my choice to do what I really didn't want to do. Oh well. It's my fault again. I was the scapegoat. Everything that's happened was all because of me. I know that a lot better now that I know that I'm a daughter of an angel! What fun is that when I can't fly or have cool powers? I was basically a girl with wings. A freak show. To some, a nut job.

My sister sighed and let her shoes touch the ground. She was running now. Instead of deciding to float along like most dead people do, she wanted to be a human again and run. Of course, she can't feel any of the cramps and the exhaustion. Hope was the lucky one. She didn't have to take the punches later. I did.

When I thought that time would freeze, the dreaded bell rang. I changed quickly, in hope of “missing” the fight. I went out the back and sneaked out. No walking home with my siblings and no taking rides from the angels. I had to walk alone with just Hope and a long lecture by my side. I knew Hope would give me one. It would be about not fighting complete strangers.

I slipped out the back and started to cross the street when I felt someone following me. Hope flashed out of there. The scared part of me flushed out too. I didn't feel any bad energy. It was only the freak of nature, Brooklyn. She ran after me, calling my name. There goes my plan of escape. I knew Brooke would try to get me to the other side. If I ran, she had the advantage because she could fly. I had no choice. Vincent, here I come.

I slowed down a lot, but Broke would always wait for me to catch up. She was taunting me. She was making me fight. Hope must have told her about it. My sister cared enough to probably do something like that.

I stepped foot at the front of the school and saw Vince leaning against the flag pole. His eyes flashed to me. That boy has eyes of a hawk. He smiled and motioned me to come over. One look at Brooke told me she was very worried. I departed from her, giving her a mean scowl as I left. She pleaded with her hands for me to come back, but there was no point.

Hope went back and looked to me. She couldn't make me choose. In the end, I would have to choose Vince anyway. I don't back down. Not me. Not the new me at least. I was stronger now. A lot stronger than I was before. With that in my head, I walked forward to my so-called enemy. Vince grinned and gave me a hug, but I pushed him away.

He cracked his knuckles and frowned. “Fair enough. So do you really want to fight me Faith?”

No. Not really, but I didn't have a choice. He would hunt me down and take me by force. Better now than never. It was the only chance I'd get to make him stay away from me. I nodded, but as I got ready, he took my wrist and whispered into my ear, “I won't go easy on you Faith, I promise. Choose. Seriously.”

I nodded again and opened my mouth to speak when the crew crossed us. Lucas glanced at me. His eyes were like hot embers on my neck. I found his gaze looking at my imprisoned wrist. Vince pulled away quickly as Lucas walked over. Liam was right behind him. I gulped. Busted.

Lucas demanded, “Is there a problem here?”

Vince answered through his gritted teeth, “No.”