Chapter 8

Sorry I haven't been posting in a while. Posting my chapters has finally caught up with me. It'll take me a while. School has been so hectic. There is way to mcuh after school stuff to do. Haha. Time management. :D Well, here it is.
~<3~ *****************

I sat at the table playing around with my eggs. Aria stared up at me and smiled. How could she be so happy? Johnny snickered in the background as I sighed. This was horrible. This was a tragedy. How could they do this to me? I wasn't ready yet, but what I told them was quite the opposite. I should have lied and said that I was still in pain, but it was too late. They were going to take me to a place I hated the most.

This one was my fault. Dad said I didn't have to go just yet, but I refused. I told him that it couldn't deter me. Now, on this very day, I dreaded it. I dreaded those words. I wish I could run and hide, but my sanctuary was miles away. Why did I ask for it?

Aria and Johnny laughed, but I was still nervous. What if they didn't accept me? What if the found me weird? Maybe I was just being over dramatic. Maybe I was just being insecure. I would be fine. I've been there before, and it wasn't that bad. It was just hours and hours of endless boredom. The didn't expect me to handle it did they? Oh the agony.

Tammy even smiled at me. Why did she smile? She went there, and she should know it was a trap. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to sit there all alone. Sure Aria and Johnny would be with me, but still. I couldn't even stand it back at home. It was too much. They asked for too much. What was worse was that I totally forgot about it. It was thanks to Tammy for getting all of my stuff and waking me up early for this.

I shot them all a look and stuffed the egg into my mouth. They just giggled except for dad. Dad was off today. I was thankful for that. After this day, he would finally know what was going wrong with me. He would know the truth, but it depended if I survived the day.

Maybe to other people, this place didn't seem so bad. To me it was a terrible place. There was all work and no play. There was no balance, and people could be so mean. They could push me around especially since I didn't know anyone. I didn't know what they were like here. They could be different and difficult. They could be less understanding than those back home.

The clock changed to six thirty. Suddenly, Aria jumped out of her seat and grabbed me with her. I followed and frowned. I hated her right now. I hated everyone right now. Johnny followed behind still laughing. Grumbling, I took my backpack and headed out the door.

There really was no use in saying goodbye to them. I'd see them again later, but Aria and Johnny were. I waited for them on the porch swing. Finally when the started to come outside, we walked. I walked silently while they talked about last year. How could they be so happy about this. It's only been three months since then.

"What about you Faith," Johnny asked me. "How was last year for you?"

I answered with a "hmm". He laughed. "Oh come on cousin. It's not that bad. It's just--"

"Nothing," I said. "It's nothing. It's just new that's all. I mean last year, I was in eighth grade. Now I'm moving up without Hope."

Aria patted my back. "Well, you've got me. I can introduce you to my friends if you want."

I shook my head. "It's okay. I'm good."

I sped off, leaving them be. They could walk as slow as they wanted, but I just wanted the day to end. School was a bother for me. I was too in my head to concentrate. My teachers told me that. Each one did. It was the same thing all the time. Pay more attention, they would say. I couldn't listen. My head was plastered on the thought of being back in my utopia.