Chapter 21

I'm getting even lower on the Hot-list, but I honestly don't care. I just love to write. Uh....so this story is really fun to write, and it's going to suck when its over. Who knows? Maybe the story will continue. I don't know. Well, thanks for those fans and readers who keep up with my story. 

---Keepondreaming

~~*~~

 I woke up still in Vince's embrace. He was totally awake though. His dreamy black eyes smiled at me and greeted me with a glimmering reflection of me. Vince grinned and brushed his fingers through my long hair. We just laid there for a while, letting the crashing waves become a song. He started to hum something sweet sounding as I squirmed around, letting him know that I was up.

It was true about last night. I didn't want to get away from. I wanted him to stay, but my dad came first. If he died, then I'd pay the price. It wasn't just him who would die. Mr. Evans and possibly Lucas might die. I told Kiley and Mark that I would bring back their dad. I don't want to go home to them telling them their father was dead. They would be orphans. How can I let that happen?

I got up and brushed the rocks off of me. “Get up Vince. We have to go.”

Vince chuckled, “Well, good morning cheetah.”

I looked at my arms and saw the imprints of the rocks. Oh great. I laughed and along and tried to rub it off, but it stayed on me. Vince cooperated and got up without a fight. He brushed the rocks from his body and flexed his back, letting his wings unfurl to its full wingspan. He flapped to release the tightness from his wings. I copied exactly how he did it and got ready for take off.

I started to run, but a grumbling sound in my stomach jerked me back. Hunger. I haven't eaten in two days, and it was starting to get to me. My head felt light. My body weak. My wings weren't flapping hard anymore. I didn't even have the strength to move them. I furled them back into my back and collapsed on the ground.

Vince helped me back up and asked, “Are you okay?”

“Just hungry,” I replied glumly. “I still have your wallet. Should we go buy something?”

He nodded. “Yes. I'm hungry too.”

We forced ourselves to walk to the closest fast food restaurant. It was up to me to buy everything. Vincent still had no shirt on, and because of the rules he couldn't get in. As I waited for food, I wondered what happened to Hope. She said she would be back to bring us news, and it was well past dawn. I hope nothing happened to her. Vince is a demonic, but he could see her without her letting him. What if Cairo took her too? What if he destroyed her? Could a ghost even die?

I grabbed the food and met Vince outside who was talking to a girl. I rolled my eyes and handed him the food. He started grabbing at the french fries. The girl turned to me, but ignored her. I really didn't want to talk to some total stranger. I grabbed my food and started to bit into it. Food was the greatest thing right now. Two days without food really took some weight off of someone, especially an angel like me.

I couldn't spend my time savoring all of the delicious tastes. Virginia wasn't far, but I wasn't sure how soon we would get there. My dad only had a day left. I didn't make it today, then it was over. I stuffed all of the food into my mouth, barely chewing. I didn't want to lose my father now. I was just starting to open up to him. He was trying to care for me even when I shoved all this attitude to his face. The least I could do was save him from death.

Zachariah kept his promise for fourteen years, so I promise that I would save him. I knew he was trying, but I just couldn't open my eyes to it. Now, that he was gone, I realized everything that he was trying to do. I've been taking advantage, and I was so sorry for acting like a little jerk. I would give anything to have him back.