23. Not Exactly What We Thought

MYSTERY P.O.V

"we need that necklace!" the leader snapped at us.

We've been at Savannah's place for almost 3 days, we've searched from top to bottom in that tiny apartment, but nothing.

"sir, do you think she might of kept it with her?" one of the men suggested.

"well Max, you've known her for quite some time, hasent she ever worn it?" the leader turned his attention towards me. I stiffened.

"uhh.. no sir shes never worn it when I was around her." The leader sighs and calls up the boss.

when his done he turns his gaze towards me again.

"okay you will stay here along with 3 other men, if she comes back take her hostage and call me. you got it" he spoke sternly

"yes sir"

XAVIER'S P.O.V

we were driving back until Savannah spoke,

"hey can we go to my place? maybe they're gone. I just need to get a few things"

I felt hesitant but nod.

driving into her street, I slow down, driving at a speed of 10 miles per hour.

parking he car opposite the apartment and looked out. there was no one. Savannah sighed on relief undoing her seat belt but stopped her when I put my hand on her knee.

"ill go. just in case people are up there"

"but if there up there.. then that means you'll be endanger" she furrows her eyebrows. I kiss in between them and undo my seat belt.

"if I dont come out in 10 min call 911 and drive home. now what do you need?"

"my laptop..."

"and..."

"braandunderwears" she mumbles

"sorry what?" I smirk at her.

"just get me undergarments. please" she asked dominant

I smirk and open the door, she hands me the keys but before closing the door.

"ill make sure to bring the sexiest undergarment" I mimick her tone "there is"

she rolles her eyes and mutters "pervert" I give her a grin and walk up the stairs into the lobby of the apartment.

I looked around and saw no sign of life. I walk and decide to take the stairs for saftey measures.

when I reached her apartment door I quietly opened her door and walked in.

no sign of anyone.

I saw her laptop on the couch, I grabbed it and walked into her bedroom. grabbing a bag I walk to her drawer and smirk.

yeah Im a creep. but im also a guy.

grabbing as much bras and underwear I can muster. Something catching my eye in the drawer, I pick it up and grin. it was black lengeire. I place it in the bag.

when I come to stand up I here a toilet flush. my eyes widen and I quickly hide behind the bed.

the door opens and I see a figure walk out. squinting my eyes to get a better look I finally see a face.

Max

SAVANNAH'S P.O.V

I was starting to get worried its been 8 min since Xavier left. did he not find it?

BANG

I flinch and look out to see a frantically running Xavier. he sprints to the car, throwing the door open and climbing in.

"what's going on?" I ask worried

"there..Where...people there" he said breathless.

I notice a red stain on his shoulder. my eyes widen in horror and I shift him to face me.

"Your shot!" I search his eyes.

"Over there!" I hear a faint voice. along with footsteps.

Xavier starts the car and steps on the accelerator pedal and speeds off.

I look back to see 4 figures getting into cars.

"did you recognize anyone of them?"

"yeah..."

"who?"

"Max" he speaks.

my eyes widen and I sit back into the seat.

looking in the rear view mirror, 4 cars lined behind us chase us. The front car speeds up and bangs into the back of the challenger making us jerk forward. Xavier mutters curse words and pulls up the hand break and turns the steering, making us drift into another street. the first 2 cars drive straight but the others make a left and follow us.

"Their catching up" adrenaline pumping through me. Somehow I felt excited but still horrified.

driving straight, 2 cars appear and start driving towards us.

"uhh Xavier.." worry laced in my voice

"I got this" he spoke firmly.

I nod and hold onto the arm rest on the door tightly.

Xavier becomes dangerously close, nearly 3 meters away until he drifts into a basketball court.

Looking back both the front cars coming on both sides have collided into each other. But the back 2 swerve and make it into the basketball court.

Looking back to the front I find that there's no way out. But Xavier keeps driving forward.

I start to panic

"XAVIER!" I shout.

"I got this" he repeats

He changes gears and presses on the pedal making us speed up unbelievably fast. Xavier drives forward until coming in contact with the fence making it fly open.

I release a breath that I was holding and look back to find 2 cars following us.

"What are you going to do?"

He smirks but doesnt say anything.

Driving a bit more until he comes into a tight alleyway. There was a dead end at the end and my eyes widen. Theres not left or right what is he planning to do?

"Xavier dead end" I point out

"I know" I could hear the smirk in his voice.

Speeding closer to the edge I notice a small ramp coming into view. Xavier quickly steers to the right and drives up the ramp, we were flying for 2.345 seconds until the tires hit the hard ground.

I smile and looks behind me.

No cars following us.

Xavier makes a turn and heads to his house.

Once we arrive he parks the car in his garage and closes the garage door.

Walking up the stairs to his house.

When I open the door were greeted by at least 20 men with guns all pointing our way.

"Ahh shit" Xavier whines