18. Things We Have In Common

SAVANNAH'S P.O.V

my mind was in a blur.

here we were sitting in Xavier's bedroom thinking back to what happened at my apartment. I didn't see anyone I knew. so why me.

Then. like a light bulb flicked open at the top of my head.

"Xavier." he turns his attention from the floor to me.

"Remember when I stayed here and your dad was here and we ate lunch together?"

"yeah.." he asked kind of confused.

"remember how he's like "I could ruin you with just a click of my fingers" something along those lines."

Xavier's eyes widen and gets up, he walks back and fourth in his bedroom.

"but what did you do for over 20 men to come after you?" he asked confused.

"well I was never good meeting peoples parents"

he chuckled and shook his head.

"you always know how to put a smile on someones face. even if it is a life threatening situation" he smiles.

I smile slightly but still shaken up about Micheal's words.

"I will ask him. Don't worry and plus if it is his men im sure they won't hurt you because your with me."

I nod, still not all that convinced.

to change this tension I ask a question that's been on my mind for a while now.

"so please tell me about your street racing" I question.

he smiles a little. "I will but let me change first"

I nod and he walks into his bathroom.

I swear I think he was doing this on purpose. he left the door lightly opened. he started un zipping his pants and that was my queue to look away. once I heard pants being pulled on I couldn't help but look.

he now has in sweat pants that rode low on his hips. and the only thing covering his upper body is a singlet. but of course. he took that off. once I saw the door slowly opening I looked down at my hands.

he walked over and sat down on the floor, his back resting on the wall.

I couldn't keep my eyes of his toned abs.

"enjoying the view" he smugly said.

I rolled my eyes and slipped off the bed and sat in front of him.

"spill" was all I could say.

he gives me a small smile and nods.

"okay. so, before coming here I lived with my dad in Chicago. my parents split up when I was 10 and dad clamied me.

when I was 14 I got introduced into street racing. I've always had a passion for cars so I was interested. being in Chicago there was..space. not so much but enough, I remember a good friend of mine his name was Jace, he was the one that told me about night street racing. he took me to a race and it was straight up amazing. since it was street racing there was a lot of alcohol but believe it or not I never had a drink until I turned 18. I was as you could call it a goody two shoes" he smirks

I rolled my eyes and told him to continue.

"so. Jace had a few cars from his dad since his dad was a mechanic. He let me borrow one of his cars.

we went to our first race and I was pumped. I was told I had to give in money or some sort of payment if I wanted to race, so since my dad being rich he game me money. when the race started I was doing great. I was second, I was about to over take the car infront of me until he took a sharp right turn. and me being 14 I didn't know how to drift. so I crashed into the dead end. and thats how I got this scar"