19. Some Things You Never Forget

I am currently in my new car.

Charger 1970

I have on right now a cheshire cat grin. since we came in Xavier's Challenger im driving alone and let me tell you, it feels great.

Driving behind Xavier, I spot him looking at me through the rear view mirror, I give him a smirk and in return I get a wink.

my stomach flutters at the action.

since I've only ever walked or taken a taxi in New York I didn't know my roads too well.

but something is telling me that we aren't heading home,

we are now currently driving on the brooklyn bridge. sunset has fallen and its becoming dark out.

I decide to call Xavier to see where he's up to.

ring ring

on the second ring he picks up.

"hey Xavier where are we heading?"

I could hear a light laugh.

"well. I thought we could have a little race"

I was agap

"what! Xavier I've only ever raced when I was a teenager! I could ruin the car or we could get caught!"

"relax Sav. I have a friend that works as a cop in Bronx, if we get caught he can bail us out"

"Xavier your crazy"

I could practically feel him smirking

"ride or die baby"

I squint even though he can't see me.

"use your own words dont take it from the beautiful director and script writers of fast and furious"

he laughed

"looks like you missed a chunk when you were telling me about you"

"what do you mean?"

"I mean you forgot to mention your passion for cars and the fact you street race"

oops I might of forgot to tell him that. did I mention I can race?

yeah should of mentioned it earlier. when I was 16 I was a normal person believe or not. single and living the life, my brother got me into cars when I was 14 and started competing when I turned 16. but when my brother left the country my love for racing and cars faded and that's when I turned into the bitch I was and still have in me.

"alright get off the phone and just follow me I don't want to get caught twice today"

my eyes widen, he shuts the phone and it goes dead.

so theres a highly chance of us getting caught. great. just great.

                                  ~¤~

we were currently on route 278.

We've been driving for atleast 20 minutes, I didn't mind at all since I haven't driven a car in forever.

well not counting Alex leanding me her car. but it feels good to have my own car.

remind me to repay Xavier back.

oh! that reminds me I need to give him a nickname.

thinking thinking

I cant call him X because that's plain. something outgoing. the way he gives me random nick names.

Xav? buttercup? tiger? what the fuck Savannah tiger? my conscious roared.

you see what I did their? no. fine.

in no time we were stopping at an empty street. I pulled up next to Xavier's car.

the nicknaming isnt over

my conscious spoke before I pulled down the window.

"okay so this road is one way. no left or rights, im starting off easy because you haven't competed in a while."

"wait what does the person that wins get out of it?" I ask

"a night with me" he said wiggling his eyebrows.

I glare at him.

"$100" I gluntly state.

"fine by that" he smirks.

I smirk back and face the front.

"okay when the lights turn green were off" he exclaims.

I nod and wait for the light to go green.

I press on the pedal making the engine roar.

orange

red

GREEN GO!

and were off. Xavier started of first, we sped down the street, everything passing by in a blur.

Xavier is currently infront of me but I have only just begun.

I press on pedal further and change gears. I speed up to Xavier overtaking him by a bit, I face him and give him a smirk.

while speeding down the road I notice something coming up ahead. it was practically blocking my whole side. my eyes widen.

okay I have 2 options:

1: slow down a bit and get behind Xavier to prevent from damaging the car and me.

2: I can speed up and try to over take Xavier but risk my car getting a scratch or if not making it in time I could possibly injure myself.

you know what I went with.

number two.

I pressed further down onto the pedal, the object blocking my lane was becoming dangerously close.

I sped up further and swerved in front of the challenger. it caused Xavier to press onto his breaks.

phew that was close.

I look back at the rear view mirror to see Xaviers car has stopped. I could see inside that Xavier has a shocked face on.

I smile and speed off to the end of the road.

not even 2 seconds later Xavier shows up.

I get out of the car with a smug look on my face.

"so. take it easy you said. still beat your ass after 3 years of not racing" tugging the corner of my lips up.

"you. What you did back there. wow" he stuttered.

my grin grows and he even smirks.

I put out my hand and arch my eyebrows.

"pay up youngling" I smile in victory

"youngling? im older than you by 3 years youngling" he mocks.

I glare at him and extend my arm further.

he sighs and pulls out his wallet from the back of his pocket. he takes out a $100 dollar bill and places it in my palm.

I smile. "thank you"

"any time" he winks.

for some reason my heart did a back flip. not literally. (A metaphor.) at his action.

why are his actions getting the better of me?

everything was going fine until we heard sirens.

"shit" Xavier curses under his breath.

"you did say there was a highly chance of us getting caught."