4. New York Streets and Stab Wounds

Pushing and shoving my way through the crowd I finally find Alex. With Peter. Sucking each others face. I scrunch my face in disgust and walk over towards them. "Guys you only met tonight please stop jabbing your tongues down each others throats" Alex lets go and smirks at Peter, "Sav you go on by yourself ill stick around" I huff and give Alex the you-owe-me look.

I walk off but not before grabbing a beer. I walk out of the club giving Zac a wave (Alex's brother) he had a really nice club.

Walking down by myself, again, at night in the chilly breeze of autumn. "Damn girl. Whats a woman like you doing here by herself?" I scoff at his comment. "Im walking. Like a normal person would" he chuckles and walks in front of me, "how about I take you home in my car?" He smirks rubbing his hands. White boys. "Yeah no ill pass plus I have a boyfriend and he wont hesisate to break a bone" my acting good in place. He stiffened at my comment. "Ill let you off the hook but your pretty boyfriend wont help ya next time" I chuckle and carry on walking.

Since my apartment was a few blocks away I had a fair bit of walking to do.

I heard a car pull up beside me, I turn my head to see a Volvo. With Xavier in it. I roll my eyes and carry on walking. "Hey Savannah get in, it isnt safe at this time" I scoff, "and you care?" I could hear his chuckle, "I dont. But I just dont want to be the one burying you 6 feet under ground" with that I stumbled over uneven ground and fall straight on my ass. I huff in fustration. I cross my arms around my chest and stay in my humiliating position,  "you going to stay on the ground. In the cold or hop in and ill drive you home" I let out another huff, get up and stubbornly walk to his car.

I open the door and sit on the leather seat, I slam the door sending Xavier to wince. "Please don't slam the door. Lance is new" I grin at his comment, "you named your car?" He looked gobsmacked, "don't you?" I chuckle. "I dont have a car and if I did I dont think I would name my car" he shakes his head and starts the car, causing it to erupt in a roar. "So where do you live?" He asks, "10th Avenue number 24" he nods and we head off.

The car was silent with faint radio station playing crappy music. Xavier turns it off and I could see from the corner of my eyes he was staring at me, I shuffle around in my seat feeling uncomfortable at his gaze, he and eyes the road again. "You always this stuck up and stubborn?" I let out a huff of air, "yes. If you have a problem please stop the car and ill gladly walk home" he laughs and continues driving when the lights turn green. "So how does Lana treat you at work?" I furrow my eyebrows, "why do you call your mum by her first name?" He laughs once more. "She doesnt like us calling her mum. She says it makes her feel old so we swore to call her Lana with or without her here" I smile at what Lana made her own children or child swore to keep.

"She treats me nicely. But Harasses my body. A lot. She also calls me Mrs most of the time when she knows im not. Anymore" I mumble the last word. Xavier gives me a questioned look, "why does she call you Mrs?" I huff air out and sink back in the chair.

"I dont want to get into detail right now. And plus, why would I tell you my life when all I know you could be a rapist or murderer or a drug dealer? The list goes on" he erupts into laughter. "dont worry red I wont murder your pretty face of yours. Or touch your pretty body of yours.. only if you want me too" he smugly spoke. I roll my eyes and keep my eyes trained on the scenery outside the window.

We stayed silence until we reached my apartment.

"Thanks for the ride.. jackass" I smirk, he smiles and then do I realise that he has a cut lip and injured shoulder. My eyes widen and I sit back in the passenger seat. "What on earth happened!" I shriek. I touch his cut lip and pull down his shoulder to see a stab wound.

"Get out" I order. "What?" He asked confused evident on his face, "I said get out. Your coming up to my apartment to fix this mess of yours" he didnt say anything only nod and let out a huff in frustration.

While walking up to the apartment I pull and push until the door opens to the house, "sit on the couch and ill get the first aid kit" he sighs but obeys my order.

After rummaging through the shelves in the bathroom I finally find the first aid kit.

I walk back to Xavier in the same postion I left him in. I sit next to him and he swivels towards me, I grab the rubbing alcohol and place it on a cotton, when the cotton is damp I slowly pat it on his lip. He winces, I shoot him an apologetic smile clearly showing he is in pain considering he makes small noices when the alcohol stings the wound.

I pull on his shirt to look at his shoulder, the fabric making it hard to work with, Xavier notices and grabs the hem of his shirt and slowly pulls it off his head being extra careful around the shoulder area. When the material is no longer in contact with his skin I take in his luscious abs. My eyes slowly trailing up his body, I stop at his his face to see the corner of his lips turned upwards, I roll my eyes and carelessly place the cotton on the stab wound. He winces and I immediately regret my stubborn action. "Sorry" I mumble, "its fine" he responds. "Your going to need stitches. Either you drive with one arm and its on the other side of the city, or I could do it for you" I pause for him to respond, "do you know how to do it?" He asks. "Yeah.. well I have a cat that fell off the balcony multiple times, and I stitched her up multiple times. So im guessing its the same as stitching an animal." He laughs and I laugh along to. "You know when you aren't at work or a dance floor you aren't as stuck up as I thought you were" I roll  my eyes and get up.

"So im guessing im going to fix you then" I smirk, he rolls his eyes.

Walking back to the lounge room with a needle and thread along with a block of ice. "Whats with the ice?" He asks. "Well do you want to feel the needle piercing into your skin?" He mumbles a no feeling dumbfounded. I smile in victory and plop down next to him. Clearly aware im still in my dress, "okay this is going to be cold" I warn Xavier. I place the ice cube on his wound, feeling his body tense but relax when he gets use to it. Do you feel the area numb?" He pats the wound. "Yeah" he simply answers.

"Okay it might be numb but you might feel a pinch" he nods in understanding.

After 5 minutes of stitching him up and wrapping it safely. "Question. Why are you a model when you clearly know all this nurse shit. Why not become a nurse?" He asks questiongly. "Why did you get stabbed?" He squints his eyes at me. "You can't answer a question with a question" I smirk at him, "well answer me?" He sighs rubbing his face still aware he is shirtless. "The guy that talked to you..I told him to back off and he said shitty things about you that I didnt like. So I punched him, in return I got a stab in the shoulder from the douche." My eyes widen, "you were following me?" He sighs once more rubbing his face, "it was late night and I dont trust the streets of New York at night so I just rode behind to see if you werent in deep shit" I rose my eyebrow but stayed quite. "So spill. Why not become a nurse instead of a model that clearly doesn't pay much." I sigh this time I rub my face. "I cant be a nurse. Not that I don't want to. I cant" his eyes forrow in confusion. I keep on talking. "I failed my SATs. And no one would accept me exept for this modeling job Lana offered me." He arches his eyebrows "you failed the SATs?" He chuckles a bit. And that ticked me off.

"Get out." He looks at me in confusion. "You dont know me so you have no right to judge me". I stand up and point to the door. "Wait Savannah im sorry-" I cut him off. "Save is pretty boy. Just take you and your judgey mouth out of my face" he sighs and walks out still shirtless.

When he is gone i notice his shirt lying on the ground, I groan and pass out instantly on the sofa.