15. Stalkers and Work

Walking to work I had these butterflies in the pit of my stomach, I don't usually feel like this while going go work. Maybe it's because I haven't been modeling for 2 weeks.

While walking around the corner I have this weird feeling that im being followed, I pull out my phone and text Xavier,

Hey can you pick me up please -Savannah

Almost 10 seconds later he replies.

Yeah of course where are you? -Xavier

I text him the street im on and walk a bit more until im around a populated area. Me of course being the air head I am I dont look back to see if I am being followed. I keep my eyes straight ahead, taping my foot impatiently waiting for Xavier to arrive.

Feeling eyes drill holes at the back of my head, I get more impatient the longer I have to wait for Xavier.

In the distance I see a Volvo coming near me, I let out a sigh of relief and quickly walk over to him.

When I reach him, looking through the window he has plastered a glare, I frown in confusion and get in the car, "thanks for picking me up" Xavier looked like he was to focused on something outside, I wave my hand in front of his face and he looks back at me. "You zoned out" I chuckle, his features immediately soften.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry" I arch my eyebrow and give him the "spill" look.

"I think I know who was following you." He states.

I widen my eyes, "who is it" I look out to the window and scan where I was just standing, my eyes stop at a particular person.

Max.

"Max" he firmly says. "The guy that harassed you and I beat"

My mind goes back to the day Xavier got stabbed and blush at what I remembered next.

"Drive" I finally speak.

He steps on the peddle and were off.

"Why was he following you" Xavier says breaking the silence. "he has been doing this for some time now. Ive told him before and even threatened to call the police but he wont drop the 'stalking' act". He grunts in response.

The drive to Lanas office is quiet, with music playing in the background. We were both in comfortable silence.

Once we arrive Xavier stays close behind me, "you know that he doesnt know where I work. So no need to be all 'bodygaurd' and what not" I lightly laugh. He gives me a smirk and walks closer making my shoulder touch his chest. I shudder at the contact.

Walking faster, im greeted with Lana and her co workers at my office, "welcome back honey" Lana embrases me with hug. I hug her back and then let go.

"Okay we are getting straight into work. I have a bunch of new outfits for you to try on, and the winter fashion show is in a few weeks, I'll be showing you what you'll be wearing and where you'll be walking. Oh and as for you Xavier, I need you to be with Savannah and be like her, assistant" Lana smirks.

Xavier glares at her, "what am I? A girl?"

Lana chuckles. "Hunny you don't need to be a girl to be an assistant. And plus if you want a hang out here your going to work then" Lana states. Xavier mutters some cusses, he looks my way and gives me his signature smirk. Wait? Does he not like this position or does he but is hiding it from his Mum?. Im confused.

"Alright chop chop, Xavier go with Savannah and she'll try on some clothes and you can judge wether its good or not. Im trusting your opinion on this" Xavier nods in understanding.

I walk over to my desk and take the pile of clothes waiting for me to try them on. Xavier grabs the rest and I walk over to the change room.

Out of the mountain of clothes I pick out a dress made out of wool. It was fury and it came just to the knees. It was long sleeve and thin to my surprise

Walking out of the closet I find Xavier sitting on the couch directly infront of the change room. Coming out his attention is directed at me, his face is blank, no emotion.

"So?" Giving him a little twirl.

"Its nice, but"

"But?" I erge.

"It needs something. Hold on" he gets up and walks to wear all the accessories are kept.

5 minutes later he comes back with a grey infinity scarf, floppy hat and ankle boots. He walks over to me and gives me what he picked out.

"Put these on" he ordered. I nod and put them on. When im done, I stand up straighter and Xavier gives me a approving smile.

"Its perfect. But"

"But" I say a bit irritated.

Xavier gets up and makes his way towards me. I give him a confused look, once he's infront of me, he grabs the scarf, slowly twisting it and rapping it around my neck, he fixes the scarf, his finger tips touching my skin that's under the scarf, my breath hitches. Xavier looks into my eyes with a small smirk, fixing my hat, a piece of hair falls to the side of my face, putting my hand up to put it behind my ear but Xavier beats me to it. Putting the stray hair behind my ear, he goes back to fixing me scarf giving me a smirk. I get lost in his striking blue eyes.

We stood there standing for who knows how long, just centimeters away. Until I snap out of it.

"No. I-I cant do this. If your going to be my assistant we have to put some boundaries up. Firstly you can't come this close to me"

Xavier just gives me a smirk and closes what little distance we had. I place my hand on his chest to try to pry him away from me but it is no use.

"What Sav? You get nervous when your this close to me" his voice deep and raspy. I shiver at his voice causing him to smirk once again.

I step back and before he could come any closer I practically jump into the change room and close the door behind me.

Once im a safe disntance from him I let go of the breath I was holding.