Chapter Twenty - Six

Start from the beginning

"It smells good." Elaina nodded a satisfied smile on your face.

"Are you that hungry, love?" He chuckled, "Though you had food just an hour before." Elaina frowned causing him to frown as he watched her eyes water. "What, what's wrong?" He questioned looking at her.

"Are you saying I'm fat?" She exclaimed with wide eyes. Nikolai's frown deepened as he shook his head not knowing what brought this about.

"No, love. Never." He shook his head seating her down in her chair and soothing her hair back from her face. "You look perfect, everyday." He murmured leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her forehead. As he pulled back he caught her glistening eyes gazing at him with fallen tears.

"You love me?" She asked, Nikolai wiped her tears away nodding his head.

"I will love you forever." He chuckled kissing her lips softly.

"Can I have salmon and lobster curry?" She asked once her tears had tried and Nikolai took his seat across from her.

"You can have anything you want, beauty." Her eyes brightened and she nodded opening the menu. Nikolai raised a brow at her sudden mood change and sighed, he needed to know what was going on with her. He wasn't at ease feeling hat something was wrong with her, whatever it was he needed to know that his beauty was healthy.

"Huh?" She looked behind him curiously, her eyebrows furrowed as she spotted two familiar figures.

"What?" Nikolai raised a brow, "Feeling okay?" Elaina nodded.

"I just saw...uh..." Her eyes widened when she saw the two share a loving kiss. "Oh my goodness!" She whispered just as the door slid shut as the waitress opened the door.

"I know I'm not seeing things.." She trailed off.

"You're waters to start you off tonight, and are you ready to order or shall I come back later?" The waitress asked placing their glass of waters on the table.

"One moment please." Elaina smiled politely, the waitress nodded telling them to ring the bell once they were ready. Her eyes widened as she saw the two across them in the separate room, getting up from her chair she walked towards the door peeking through the crack.

"Love," Nikolai called, "What are you doing?" He questioned.

"I saw Eli and your brother Ian." She muttered moving out of the way and pointing to the couple in the room across from them chatting with their own waiter their hands clasped tightly together. "Look."

Nikolai spotted his brother and Eli eyeing their hands that were clasped together tightly. He had an inkling that his brother was hiding something from them but he never pushed waiting for his brother to come out and say something himself. A frown marred his face and he was pulled back by Elaina who shut the door.

"If you say anything horrible, I'm leaving you." Elaina stated, a calm look on her face as she eyed him.

"Why would I?" He sighed, "I have nothing against them."

"Then why do you have a frown on your face?" Elaina questioned as she cupped his face in her hands gently. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just hurt he didn't tell me, we don't keep secrets from each other." He sighed.

"You kept me a secret," Elaina giggled lightly shaking her head, "When he is ready he'll tell you I'm sure, don't rush him." Nikolai looked into her warm eyes nodding his head.

"You're right. I'll wait till he's ready." Elaina nodded a proud smile on her face.

"Can we eat now, my tummy is hungry." She rubbed her stomach, Nikolai chuckled nodding his head.