Ch. 7 - NIGHT SCHOOL

Start from the beginning

"He killed Derek." Stiles said making Blake take a deep breath and look down at the ground. "Derek's not dead. He can't be dead." Scott argued.

"Blood spurted out of his mouth.
That doesn't exactly qualify as a
minor injury. He's de-"

"He's not dead!" Blake said looking back up at them, while shaking her head, "He can't be." She said and Stiles's face softened as he noticed the tears in her eyes. She just lost her last family member. "Blake-"

"He's not dead. I would feel it. But if we don't get moving we will be." She said and he sighed and nodded, "Okay, okay.
We get to my Jeep. We get out of here. You seriously think about quitting your job. Good?" He asks looking at Scott, who nods.

They turn to the windows to view the parking lot. Quietly stepping to the furthest window, they spot Stiles's
Jeep sitting in the lot about twenty yards away. Scott puts his hands on the window sill, going to try to open it but Stiles spoke up, "They don't open. The school's climate controlled."

"Then we break it." Scott said and Blake squinted at him, "Which would cause a lot of noise." She said making him sigh.
"So then we run really fast." They glance back to the Jeep. Now seeming much further away, "Really fast."

While Stiles and Scott starts looking for something to break one of the
windows, Blake comes closer to the glass. "Stiles?" She said making him look over at her, "What's wrong with the hood of your Jeep?" She asked and he looked at her confused. "What do you mean? Nothing's wrong."

"It's bent."

"You mean dented?"

"I mean bent." She said and Stiles cups his eyes to the window. Oddly, the Jeep's hood twists up toward the windshield like the top of a tin can. "What the hell-"

A sudden explosion of glass by their heads makes Stiles instantly grab Blake, pulling her down while covering her head. Ducked under the window, they look past raised arms to see something
skidding across the tile and slamming to a stop on the opposite side of the room amid a shower of broken glass.

Stiles, Blake and Scott sit frozen underneath the classroom window, staring at the Jeep's battery in front of them. "That's my battery." Stiles said and they nodded slowly, still slightly stunned. Stiles starts to get up but Scott grabs him, "Don't."

"We have to move."

"He could be right outside."

"He is right outside." Stiles argue and Scott keeps him down, hand gripping his friend's shoulder. "Just let me take a look."Craning his neck to see out the window, Scott glances around the empty and dark school lot. "Anything?" Stiles asked and Scott shook his head.

"Move now?"

"Move now."

Stiles pulls Blake up and they all run out of the classroom. They glance down the opposite ends of the corridor,
nervously drifting forward. "This way." Scott said but Stiles stopped him, "No, no--somewhere without windows."

"Every single room in this building has windows." Blake said, neither her or Stiles noticed they they were still holding hands. "Somewhere with less windows." He said and then realization crossed over Scott's features, "The locker room."

They quickly run to the locker room and slip inside, slightly breathing heavy. A sudden rush of dizziness and the feeling of pressure on her chest, Blake leaned against a locker, breathing heavily while the boys talked. She closed her eyes, knowing exactly what the feeling was. She couldn't hear whatever Scott and Stiles were talking about until Stiles started to turn to the doors making Blake tug on his hand.