Chapter 12: History

I don’t know how I didn’t see it before, Cameron looked more like his dad now then he did as a little kid in that photo, the squared jawline, pronounced cheek bones, dark eyes, the guarded look he uses when he wants to hide his emotions, they all came from his dad!

   “You just realized who I am, didn’t you?” He said with an amused smile, I was probably gawking at him in shock. I nodded my head silently, “How is my darling son these days?” He said with a warm smile.

   “Worse now probably, not that you care...” I said trailing off and acting totally taken in by the room, it was impressive I must admit but my wandering mind wasn’t that easily distracted... most of the time. 

   “I do, he is still a pain in my ass that causes concern.” He said smugly, “You can call me dad if you want.” He said, seeing how much I wanted to die right now and rubbing it in.

   “Can’t you just torture me for information for a little while and we can be done with this? Seriously, I’d be better.” I said gagging. He smiled,

   “Ah I see.. so my son has been sharing stories with you. Whats his askew take on things?” My jaw dropped,

   “Askew? You killed this mother! thats tends to leave a lasting effect on small children!” He snickered, sending a shiver down my spine. 

   “Indeed his stories are much different then the ones you’ll hear here my dear. His mother was killed in the riots his rebels caused.”

   “His mother died when he was five, I don’t think five year olds are leading rebellions just yet.” He snickered again in amusement. 

   “Now I see why he keeps you around, your very entertaining to speak to.” 

   “Glad I could appease you...” I growled bitterly. 

   “You can leave us now bryce, I’ll send her out when she can go to her room.” Bryce nodded and bowed, throwing me a quick, worried glance but then leaving. Lord Castile grabbed my wrist and pulled me up the stairs, I dug my heals in the entire time but it didn’t present any sort of a challenge to him. “Sit.” He said gesturing to the thrones. He stood before the clean one which I assumed was his but I couldn’t sit in Cameron’s mom’s throne without feeling saddened or sick so I smiled smugly as I walked up and sat in his. He gave me a cool glare but quickly composed himself again, choosing to go lean against his desk. I threw my legs up over the side towards him and made myself at home waiting for him to talk again. “I’m sorry you had to be caught up in the middle of all of our fighting but what ever advantage we can get we take. The rebels are stronger then they give themselves credit for, almost half my kingdom left when he split from me because they liked his ideals better. It resulted in the war but neither side made any progress in that time so I decided it would be best just to tolerate them.”

   “So if you’ve decided to tolerate them, why do you need me?” I asked,

   “Because I want to win. I will bring him home at some point and when I do oh its going to be hell.” He growled, more to himself then me.

   “So whats your plan then? Hold me here and hope he shows up on the doorstep one day looking for me?” I scowled bitterly. He laughed,

   “He has already been looking for you, we both know he wont make it easy but when he tries to get you back it will be his down fall.” I thought about this for a few minutes. Surely Cameron was smart enough to see a trap but would he be stupid enough to walk into one for me? This is one time I wish Cameron would just leave me. I was in no immediate danger because if they hurt me their hold on him wouldn’t be as strong and he needed to focus on fixing The Facility right now. I didn’t know him well enough yet to know how my kidnapping would effect him, wether he would go into a tailspin and make rash decisions or smart calculated ones, all I could hope was that he realized I could take care of myself. I looked at the floor feeling alone all of a sudden but it was for the best.