Chapter 9: A Ticking Time Bomb

"Nurse?" I called though the open door and Susan materialized in the door way. 

   "Are you alright Lacy?" She asked looking worried again.

   "Yeah I'm fine, I just wanted to know if I can go back to my room yet? I've just been sitting here for hours now with people randomly popping in and out just to make sure I'm still awake but it seems like I'm fine."

   "The Doctor wants to keep you here because you suffered a concussion and so you have to stay awake for 24 hours so we know you wont laps into a coma."

   "If I was going to go into a coma wouldn't I have done it already? I'm going back to my room." I told her defiantly.

   "Not without The Doctor's permission you aren't."

   "Screw him, I haven't even seen him since this morning and I'm tired of being here. I hate hospitals and there is no real reason I need to be here so I'm leaving." I said starting to take off my monitors.

   "He has been held up in his office all day and wont come out, but I wouldn't do that if I were you, all the heart monitors are connected to his office so he can make sure everyone's still alive, if you take that off he'll be here in and instant." She explained.

   "I really don't care. If he isn't coming out of his office I'll be fine then." She sighed and walked away. I started disconnecting everything, leaving the heart monitor for last so I could dart out quick. The machine started screeching but I ignored it and went for the door but ran right into someone. 

   "What the hell?" I said looking up at The Doctor. "How did you get here?" He smiled looking proud of himself.

   "I've already told you, I'm not human." He said looking down at me, he was wearing his guarded expression again so I couldn't tell how he was feeling.

   "I'm going back to my room. I hate hospitals and I'm fine, I don't need to be here anymore." I said putting my hands of my hips.

   "No your not. We can't monitor you there, what happens if you go into a coma?"

   "Then I'll actually get some good sleep for once, now move." I growled, glaring up at him. I so wasn't in the mood for him right now. He chuckled a little.

   "Why don't you make me move then?" I knew I couldn't move him so we exchanged glares for a few minutes. 

   "What time is it?" I asked, noticing he wasn't wearing a watch. He took a step back and looked at a clock down the hall.

   "10 past 9pm" He said but when he looked back I was gone. I quickly squeezed through the gap he had given me and was running down the hall. "Nice try." He growled catching back up to me in and instant and grabbing me around the waist. He tried to calmly walk me back at first but I struggled so much that he gave up and just threw me over his shoulder and carried me back to the room.

   "ugh, I hate you!" I yelled at him as he threw me back in the room and locked the door behind me. 'If you hate him so much why can you never stay away from him?' my mind thought. I sat down on the bed again, frustrated and angry. 'he could be so nice, compassionate, and open at times and make me love him but the next be a total, closed off, asshole and make me want to scream at him.' I heard the door open and I turned to see Susan sneaking in.

   "Its against my better judgement but if you want to go I'll look the other way. At this point I seriously doubt you'll have any problems, I'm not sure why he is doing this to you." She said, pushing the door open and standing aside. 

   "I wish I could understand too..." I said looking down but realizing if I wanted to go it had to be now. "Thanks." I said looking back up at her and leaving. I headed straight to my room but was cut off mid way by Luke.