25: Violet

"Vriveta what do you think you are doing?"

A pair of strong arms pushes Vriveta which makes her outbalanced and fell on the uneven ground of the ruined palace.

Just as her, I was also surprised how Rain looks right now, the lilac orbs laid a frightening look. He stepped forward close to me and towered over me, grabbing both of my shoulders.

Now I can feel the pierces of these eyes that shows nothing but agitation.

"What did she do to your head?"

"What's your problem?" I asked whispering still trying to blurry the feeling of that little Cyan, I can't look straight to his eyes.

"The war has begun, yet you two were here in Vezemiedo cuddling like the kids you were before." If voices and feeling can be identified as color I can say the Vriveta's pitch black.

Then I just remembered, how can I forget the war? The night I attacked him was also the night of the underground assassination's first attack.

"Gaano ba ako katagal na nandito?"

He never moved nor took his eyes off me, trying to read my mind... trying to dig through if he can see something.

"Two days," he stated.

"I need to go-"

"Not so fast Cyan, we haven't talked yet."

"What is there that we should talk about? About what, don't let me wait for another day. I need to go back-"

"How will you cross the sea? There's no ship here, are you going to ride-?" Vriveta interrupted me.

"Vri!" Rain interrupted her too. I frowned, what's their problem, really?

"Why do you keep protecting her head! Let her be perplexed and stop protecting her because we are enemies!" Vriveta shouted with a quivering lips, tremors were like smoke it goes out from her tensed body.

It's true, why did he brought me here after our fight?

Why did he mend my wounds and why did he brought me in Vezemiedo.

Honestly, what reasons?

"We... are... enemies." I repeated and raised my head to meet his gaze.

"We are..." he mumbles the words then stepped backward and removed his hands off my shoulder, I wanted to grab it and put it back because the feeling of his touches feels home.

"Bakit tayo nandito?" tanong ko, parang katulad noon ay tatlo din kami sa Valasdaco bago ako...

Mabilis ang pagtingin ko kay Vriveta.

Ang usok na nakita ko kanina sa katawan niya ay hindi lamang guni-guni dahil nararamdaman ko iyon na pumapasok sa aking ilong at bunganga.

Mabilis kong nilingon si Rain na may panlalaki ng mata, tulad ko ay parang hindi ito makagalaw sa kanyang kinatatayuan.

Nanghihina ito at napapaatras, naghahanap ng makakapitan hanggang sa natumba sa lubak na semento.

"Vriveta..." muli kong sambit.

"We are enemies, you are not his, and he is not yours. It's been a decade... you shall neglect the feelings you have to each other..." on her determined face she walks closer to me.

"You are not meant to continue such feelings that would only bring death. Using each other ten years ago is enough. You both are supposed to be cutting knotted yarns." In her fury eyes, tears were escaping, and lips could be saying loathing words but revulsion is visible.