Fathers Day 2020

Charlie looked at the clock it has just gone ten o'clock, in the morning and she smiled fishing out the fathers day gifts from under the bed. She then met Ali and Isla on the stairs and she also smiled.

Ali" Ready?"

Charlie*nods* Ready" *thumbs up*

They then all burst in the room and scream.

Charlie" HAPPY FATHERS DAY!"

Dec looks up a bit confused and still slightly tired as his eyes adjusted to the three people staring down at him. He yawned then sat himself up.

Dec" Morning you three"

Charlie" Happy Fathers Day Dad!"

Dec" Awww, thank you"

Charlie moves to snuggle into her father and he kisses her head. Charlie then gets up picking up bags.

Dec" Oooo what you got me?"

Charlie*hands the bags over* It was a bit awkward this year after I bought things I had to wash them fifty times before I felt comfortable that they were clean"

Dec" That's okay, better safe than sorry"

Dec tucks into his presents.

Charlie" Oh open that last"

She points to a medium-sized package.

Dec" Ooo, okay then"

He looks at all the presents and then grabs the card and opens it, it reading Best Dad by Par Happy Fathers Day all presented on three golf flags coloured red, blue and green.

Dec" Oh wow, I love this card"

Charlie" I thought you would, I saw that and I thought dad would love that"

Dec" Awww, thank you"

He then continues to open his presents which consist of some aftershave, a smart shirt and lots of chocolate. He picks up the shirt and admires it.

Dec" It's always nice to have a smart shirt to wear out especially that lots more places are opening and we are able to go to more places than before"

Charlie" You could wear it on Zoom calls with Ant and when you film the Santander ads"

Dec*smiles* Yeah I guess I could"

He picks up the aftershave and squirts it onto his arm and gives it a sniff.

Charlie" Does it smell nice?"

Dec*smiles* Wow, that is nice, it's strong"

Charlie" Can I have a smell"*laughs*

Dec" Sure"*holds his arm out*

Charlie*nods* That is nice, cor I like that"

Dec*smiles* Do you want a smell, Ali?"

Ali*giggles* Yeah go on then"

Dec holds out his arm for Ali to smell.

Ali" That is really nice, very fruity"

Dec then picks up the three bars of chocolate all Double Decker.

Charlie" I know you love Double Decker"

Dec" I do very much, my all-time favourite"

He starts to open it up and takes a huge bite out of it his face changing.

Dec" I do love a double-decker"

Charlie smiles as pushes the last two presents towards him.

Dec" Oh yeah I forget about this one"