Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"

Start from the beginning

I hold my stomach as Poppy continues on her little rant, only letting up when a loud buzz is heard, signaling the doors into the E.R. have been unlocked for us.

"Call Dr. Bell!" Poppy yells as she guides me through the doors and up to a nurses station.

I'm shown to a room where my vitals are taken by a young fidgety nurse. She continuously glances at Poppy pacing back and forth across the room, a look of fear covering her face.

"Poppy, you're stressing me out."

"Hate bloody hospitals." She mumbles.

"Go get some coffee or something. I need to relax and I can't do that with you stomping back and forth across the room." I order, looking at the small heart rate monitor clipped to the end of my finger. It's high. Way to high.

"Fine." She grabs her bag off a chair, "I need to have a proper chat with whoever's over the front desk anyway. Bloody ridiculous no one was sitting there."

As soon as the door closes I hear the nurse breathe a sigh of relief.

"Sorry about that."

"No problem Mrs. Styles." She smiles weakly at me, "The doctor will be in shortly."

I nod as she drops my chart into a holder at the end of the bed I'm sitting on, swiftly exiting the room.

The pain is ongoing, hitting me in small waves every few minutes or so. I attempt to distract myself by reading every chart hanging on the walls of the small white room. After re-reading them all for a third time, I give up and look down at my belly.

My hands rest on it, slowing rubbing the surface. I try to pretend I'm not scared, but I am.

I sing softly, hoping it will have the same calming effect as it does when I'm kept up at night from constant kicking. It does nothing. I knew it wouldn't. It was never my voice that soothed the baby.

I start to cry again, a few tears dotting my shirt as I look down. I feel so alone.

I know I'm not. I have Poppy... and Finn. All my other friends.. even Gemma.

But I still feel alone. Incomplete.

I hear the door start to open and I quickly wipe my eyes, not wanting the doctor to find me in such a state.

I look up when I feel I've somewhat pulled myself together. But it's gone the second I glance up.

All composure. All calm. All self control. Gone.

I forgot how stunning his eyes are. I forgot how they seem to be able to read every thought floating around in my head.

It's been months since I've seen him.

I forgot how he made me feel.

I burst into tears, covering my face with my hands as so many emotions sweep over me.

Sadness, anger, regret, hurt. Love.

I feel him near me. I feel large hands tenderly placed around my wrists. Hands that feel warm, familiar.

My palms are gently tugged off my face, but I force my gaze down. Not being able to meet his.

Harry crouches down in front of me, resting his knees on the floor so his face is level with mine. My chin is nudged up, my brown eyes meeting his green.

"Don't please." I plead quietly, trying to look away from him.

But my chin is firmly held in place, eyes peering into mine. Tired eyes. Sad eyes.