epilogue: woosan

(author's note: edited, new woosan epilogue.)

two years later...

"everyone, please take a seat and tighten your seatbelts. flight 302 from seoul to busan will be taking off any minute now."

"wooyoung, are you excited to see san again?" wooyoung's mom said to him as she seatbelted herself in, making sure to stay safe before the plane took off.

"are you kidding? i can't even put into words how happy i am right now!" wooyoung cheered out loud, his voice almost echoing through the plane as he spoke.

"me too, wooyoung. i haven't seen my baby in two months! i swear, i don't know why i agreed to let him go away for school." san's mom said, chiming into the conversation between wooyoung and his mother.

after san graduated high school a few months prior, he decided that he wanted to go away to school. while he knew it would be hard to leave his family, his friends and especially his boyfriend, san also knew that he needed to experience a new environment to really grow as an adult. because of this, he decided to attend a school in the city of busan, which was a four hour drive from his hometown.

due to the rather far distance, san didn't get the chance to come home very often. and since wooyoung was still in high school, the boy was often busy with his own work, so he couldn't make many trips down to san.

but, this week was different. unlike college students, wooyoung had a week off of school for their annual winter break. so, after a bit of convincing, wooyoung, his mother and san's mother decided it would be a great idea to take a plane down to busan and surprise san at school.

"well, it's a good thing that we'll be able to see san in about an hour." wooyoung's mom said to both her son and san's mother with a smile on her face, seeming excited for the trip ahead of her. wooyoung nodded his head up and down vigorously in response, the boy then moving to rest his head on his mother's shoulder as he closed his eyes and waited for the plane to take off.

——

after what felt like a lifetime to wooyoung, the plane had finally landed in the city of busan. the boy could barely contain his excitement, his small body bouncing up and down in his seat as he waited for mrs. choi to grab the suitcases from the above cubby.

"here honey, i got your suitcases out." san's mother said kindly to wooyoung, placing his red suitcases lightly on the floor of the plane.

"thank you mrs. choi!" wooyoung exclaimed, a big smile plastered on his lips as he spoke.

"no problem." mrs. choi simply responded, "i also got your suitcases out, ayeong. we can head out now!" mrs. choi exclaimed, having already taken her own suitcases out before anyone else's.

"you're a doll, sanghee." wooyoung's mom said as she began making her way out of the aisle, following behind her son closely.

the trio all grabbed their bags and began heading down the main aisle of the plane, thanking the flight attendants and the pilot before they exited. wooyoung couldn't help but skip down the halls of the large airport, leading the pact in whatever direction he decided to walk in.

"wooyoung hun, you're going the wrong way!" mrs. choi called out to the boy, her and wooyoung's mother laughing at wooyoung's lack of direction. wooyoung just blushed in response, feeling slightly embarrassed for wandering off without knowing where to go.

"i'm sorry." wooyoung said when he made it back to the moms.

"it's all good, but we need to go this way. i already called for a taxi to pick us up before the flight took off, we have about ten minutes before they arrive. so let's get moving!" mrs. choi cheered out, raising her arms in the air in excitement. both wooyoung and his mother copied her actions, raising their arms in the air before following mrs. choi's lead to the airport exit.