chapter three

on wednesday, hongjoong was extremely excited to go to school. the day before, he received a package from his favorite toy store. his mother surprised him with a new stuffed animal, and he couldn't wait to show wooyoung and yeosang.

"ok jongho, i'm ready! let's go!" hongjoong said, excited while holding the straps of his backpack.

"hongjoong, why does your bag look so filled?" jongho asked before they headed out the door, making hongjoong's face turn from a smile to a frown.

"u-um it-it's... it's just... it's an art project! yeah, we had to... we had to..." hongjoong tried to come up with a lie quickly, but he was panicking.

"hongjoong, please don't tell me you packed that new stuffed animal mom bought you in your bag." jongho rolled his eyes and he went to open hongjoong's bag, hongjoong quickly taking his backpack off, protecting it from jongho with his arms.

"no! i told you, it's an art project!" hongjoong said, defensely.

"hongjoong, unless your art project has pink fur like your new flamingo plushie has, i won't believe you." jongho crossed his arms and hongjoong looked down, noticing his bag opened a bit and revealed the fur of his new toy.

"please jongho, please let me bring her. woo, sangie, and i wanted to see her!" hongjoong screamed, stomping his foot as tears began to brim his eyes.

"you have their numbers, why couldn't you just send them a picture?" jongho asked and hongjoong shook his head.

"it's not the same. you have to see a new plushie in person! and we like to play with them when we get them, you can't play over a picture!" hongjoong exclaimed and jongho gave up on his younger brother.

"whatever hongjoong. just don't take it--"

"her." hongjoong firmly stated, glaring at his brother.

"fine, don't take her out of your bag until you get to your classroom. got it? and don't bring her to play on the football field today." jongho said and hongjoong sighed, accepting his brothers rules as they walked out the front door.

hongjoong sat in the passenger's seat of jongho's car, slightly upset at his older brother. he didn't understand why he would get so mad at him for bringing his stuffed animals to school. it's not like jongho even acknowledged him in school, so he was never able to grasp the concept.

once they arrived to the school, jongho got out of the car quickly and sped off, not even saying 'goodbye' or 'have a good day' to his younger brother. hongjoong was used to it, so he just put a smile on his face, still excited to show his best friends the flamingo.

"sangie! wooyoungie! look. i brought her!" hongjoong exclaimed as he ran into the classroom, wooyoung jumping up and down and yeosang smiling sweetly.

"oh my gosh! joongie, she's so pretty! wow, i want one just like her!" wooyoung said and he grabbed the pink stuffed animal from hongjoong's hands, "what's her name?"

"i actually haven't named her yet. what should i name her, sangie? wooyoung helped me pick the name of my last plushie." hongjoong asked the quiet boy as he began to think.

"what about... mihi! it's my mommy's name, and it means beauty and joy. the flamingo is beautiful and it makes you happy, so that's perfect!" yeosang beamed, slightly hiding his face with his sweater paws.

"sangie! that's beautiful! her name is now mihi!" hongjoong said as he gave the latter a big hug, thankful for his friend's help.

"joongie, can we please please please hang out friday night? is your mommy home this weekend? my mommy has a wedding to go to and i wasn't invited, but my usual babysitter can't watch me. and sangie said his mommy is also busy, so we can't go to his house. please please tell me she'll be home this weekend?" wooyung asked, holding his hands together in a begging matter.

"i can ask her! let me get my phone out to text her." hongjoong grabbed his phone and wooyoung began squeaking, hoping for a positive outcome.

joongie
mommy, please tell me you'll be home friday night! wooyoungie's mommy has a wedding to go to and sangie's mommy is also busy. can they come over friday? maybe sleep over?

mommy
yes they can baby! i have to leave for work saturday afternoon, but i will be home on friday. and of course they can sleep over!

when hongjoong read the sweet message from his mother, he began jumping up and down.

"what!? what is it!? did she say yes? please tell me she said yes. please!" wooyoung nervously asked, beginning to slightly tear up from how anxious he was for hongjoong's mom's response.

"she said yes! she will be home, and she said you can sleep over!" hongjoong exclaimed, making wooyoung scream in excitement and yeosang smile widely.

"yay! i'm so excited!!!" wooyoung exclaimed and grabbed hongjoong to give him a hug.

before the boys could continue their little love fest, the bell rang. "ok everyone, take your seats. it's time for math!" the boy's main teacher, mrs. lee, excitedly exclaimed and the boys couldn't help but smile for the rest of the day, thrilled for their friday night sleepover.

i love writing yeosang and wooyoung's characters in this story, they just fill my heart up with so much joy!

-vic