chapter sixty one

"i swear, nothing is worse than monday mornings."  mingi said as he put an arm around seonghwa on their way into the school building, yawning as he spoke.

"yeah, they really do suck" seonghwa agreed with his friend, chuckling a bit at mingi's over dramatic behavior.

the two boys walked to their lockers and took out their needed materials, meeting up with their other friends once they finished getting their stuff. unlike the rest of the boys who looked miserable and exhausted, san had a huge smile on his face.

"why so smiley this morning, san?" yunho asked, sounding genuinely interested in his friend's unusual behavior so early in the morning.

"weeell..." san dragged out, "the school's fuckboy is taken! no more sleeping around for me, i'm a new man!"

"woah!" jongho screamed out in shock, "you're taken? by who, wooyoung?"

"yes! i took him out on friday. we went to the mini golf course and i had such an incredible time with him. i figured we've been talking for a while now and the moment was perfect. he's so fucking cute, i swear i've never been so whipped for someone in my entire life." san cooed, giggling a bit at the thought of his adorable boyfriend.

all of san's friends cheered the boy on, giving him hugs and pats on the back for finally asking wooyoung out.

all but seonghwa. he stood there quietly, trying his best to muster up a fake smile for his friend.

"san, i'm so proud of you! i never thought you'd get a boyfriend before me." yunho accidentally slipped up, not noticing his mistake at first. all the boys looked at each other wide eyed, some seeming confused by yunho's statement and seonghwa realizing that yunho sort of unknowingly outed himself.

"boyfriend?" seonghwa pointed out, eyeing yunho knowingly.

"oh! um, i d-didn't mean it like that. i meant i never thought you'd get a significant other before me." yunho nervously chuckled while scratching the back of his head. the boys nodded their heads, thinking nothing of it and shrugging it off like it was a genuine mistake.

mingi shuffled awkwardly in his spot, trying his best not to make any sort of eye contact with yunho. before any of his friends could notice his odd behavior, he put a smile on his face as if nothing was running through his mind at that exact moment. he wanted to forever forget about this moment in time, just like he did for that one party yunho got drunk at not too long ago.

"well the same day you got a boyfriend, i broke up with my girlfriend. honestly that's a funny coincidence." jongho laughed a bit, trying to make light of the situation he was in.

"oh damn, i'm sorry ho." san apologized, a frown forming on his face for his friend.

"no, don't be sorry. like i said, i was the one to break up with her. she's a horrible person and she got what she deserves." jongho shrugged his shoulders, seeming unbothered by the situation.

"what did she do that was so horrible?" mingi asked.

"first off, she was extremely spoiled. the other day was our two month anniversary and instead of her appreciating what i did for her, she yelled at me for twenty minutes about it because i didn't take her to some fancy ass restaurant and spend thousands of dollars on her. then, she proceeded to yell at me because we were having dinner with my mom and brother." jongho spoke, sounding angrier and angrier as he spoke.

"woah, that's so disrespectful." yunho shook his head after hearing what jongho had to say.

"i know. and besides all that, i hate how she speaks about my brother and his friends. she speaks about them like they're not human because they aren't 'normal'. news flash bitch, normal doesn't exist! it's just so disrespectful, i couldn't take it anymore. none of them can help what's wrong with them, and it's a disgrace how she would speak of them." jongho spoke with his hands in fists, trying his best to calm himself down. yunho noticed the boy's struggle and walked over, putting an arm around him and rubbing his hand back and forth on jongho's back to help comfort him.

"i'm not going to fight a girl, but i want to beat a hoe up right now for speaking about my baby like that." san spoke through grit teeth, cracking his fingers like he was about to fight someone.

"yes, there will be no fighting! but i'm glad you broke up with her, jongho. if she disrespected you and your family, you shouldn't be with her." mingi praised jongho, clapping his hands for him.

unlike the rest of the boys, seonghwa continued to stay silent on the matter. he felt like he had absolutely no right to be congratulating jongho like the other guys were if he was doing something he knew was even worse than what ryujin had done; seonghwa was knowingly hurting the one boy who meant the most to him for his own sake.

"yeah, and now i have two tickets to a formal i'm not even going to." jongho rolled his eyes, annoyed that he spent so much money for no reason. seonghwa's attention was immediately peeked, the boy listening intensely as the conversation continued.

"you too? this formal is gonna bust without you and hwa there! my boyfriend can't go either. damn." san cried out, throwing his arms in the air in frustration.

"well unless i can find a date before then, which i won't, i'm not going. i know for a fact that bitch will still go, and i'd rather not see her face." jongho sighed loudly and seonghwa smiled to himself.

perfect! jongho isn't even going to the formal anymore... now i don't have to explain to him why i'm there without hongjoong. the other guys will still be there, but it's fine. i'll just tell them the party got cancelled last minute or something, seonghwa thought to himself.

"damn, now we'll both have horrible nights!" seonghwa finally chimed in, walking over to jongho and patting him hard on the back.

"yeah, but at least you'll be with your family. i'll be all alone." jongho frowned.

"you got hongjoong, though. spend some time with him, he'll probably love it." yunho told his friend with a smile. jongho thought about it and nodded his head, smiling along with yunho.

"i mean, yeah. you got a point. and i know my mother will be home that night, she already told hongjoong they could hang out because she felt bad when joongie told her that seonghwa couldn't take him to the formal. it'll be a good family bonding night." jongho stated and seonghwa's smile fell off his face, suddenly feeling like shit again.

"yeah, i can't take him..." seonghwa mumbled with a frown on his face, thankful none of his friends heard him when he spoke.

"now that we're all caught up on each other's love life, let's go to class before we get our asses handed to us." mingi spoke up and all the boys nodded their head in agreement, dispersing from the group and walking in smaller clusters to their first period classes.

yeah, i can't...

PSNWOSJWOWKWOWJW

I CAN'T BREATJWOWJWOWJW

COMEBACK WAS AMAZING

ateez did it again. they killed me again.

what's your favorite song??? i'm not 100% sure but i think mine is to the beat, IT'S SUCH A VIBE EOWNWONW

besides comeback, today is my prom...
pray for me. i don't want to go.

this

this.

-vic