chapter thirty seven

at one thirty sharp, seonghwa rang the kim residence's bell. he stood outside the door, waiting impatiently for someone to allow him inside.

when he saw the small boy creak the door open, his heart fluttered a bit. he smiled widely, matching the younger's smile on the other side.

"seongie!" hongjoong cheered loudly, running outside to hug the older.

seonghwa welcomed hongjoong with open arms, "hey joongie."

"i missed you." hongjoong buried his head into seonghwa's chest, swaying back and forth in seonghwa's grip.

seonghwa let go of the younger and walked into the house with him, "i missed you too."

seonghwa quickly turned off soft mode when he saw jongho round the corner in the house. he hadn't told jongho about his feelings for hongjoong yet, and he honestly wasn't ready for him to find out.

"due to your odd request, i'll be heading out now." jongho furrowed his eyebrows and seonghwa laughed awkwardly, thankful that hongjoong had moved to the living room and didn't hear that this babysitting session was due to his request rather than jongho's.

"what time will you be back?" seonghwa asked before jongho could leave the house.

"probably five. we have to be at jaehyun's by eight, and ryujin and i really don't have any plans besides watching a movie in her living room today." jongho answered, grabbing his keys from the side table and turning towards the front door.

"ok, perfect. i'll see you later." seonghwa smiled widely, waving to his friend who gave him a confused look back.

"you're still weird." jongho said, shaking his head as he walked outside and locked the front door behind him.

"seongie, what are we gonna do today?" hongjoong stood up and ran towards the older, grabbing his hand and looking into his eyes deeply.

seonghwa rubbed circles on hongjoong's palm as he looked back into his eyes, "we can do whatever you'd like, hun."

"hmm..." hongjoong put his finger to his chin in thought, "how about, we watch a movie! but we can make it fun. we should bring down my pillows, blankets, and plushies... we can make a fort!" hongjoong exclaimed, sounding really excited for the plan to play out.

"that sounds like a lot of fun." seonghwa smiled widely, agreeing with hongjoong's idea.

"yay! come on, let's not waste any time!" hongjoong grabbed seonghwa's hand and ran upstairs to collect all the necessary materials.

when they entered the boy's room, they took all of his pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals. hongjoong loved anything comfortable and warm, so he had tons of materials to work with.

after collecting everything, the boys brought down about a dozen pillows, five fluffy blankets, and more than fifteen stuffed animals.

"wow hongjoong, you really do have a lot of plushies." seonghwa chuckled while carrying five toys in each arm.

"d-do you think it's... weird?" hongjoong stuttered out with a frown, suddenly feeling a bit insecure.

seonghwa quickly threw the toys onto the couch and ran over to a pouting hongjoong, holding the side his arms tightly, "no, not at all! that's not what i meant, baby. i'm sorry if it came off that way. i love your plushies!"

hongjoong smiled mischievously after seonghwa apologized.

"i know, i was just messing with you." hongjoong stuck his tongue out, running off before seonghwa could yell at him.