chapter sixty five

the day that seonghwa had been dreading had officially arrived. the winter formal was here.

"seonghwa, i don't remember what you said. why couldn't hongjoong come with you to the dance tonight?" seonghwa's mother asked the boy as she finished cleaning up the dinner table with him.

"he told me he had something to do with his mom, but i honestly can't remember what it was." seonghwa lied straight to his mother's face, unable to look her in the eyes as he spoke.

"well i'm sorry about that, but i hope you have a good time regardless. now go get ready, you'll be late! i can clean the rest of the table by myself." his mother shooed him off, forcing seonghwa to get ready for the school event.

seonghwa walked into his room and shut his door behind him, immediately removing the clothing he had put on after the shower he took when he got home from school. his outfit was already picked out, laying out on his bed waiting to be put on his long body. seonghwa slipped into his black slacks and put on his black button down, making sure to button all the way up to his neck.

seonghwa then moved to his drawer and grabbed a pair of plain black socks, putting them on both of his feet. he put on his favorite silver watch, matching the shiny color with the small silver hoops he put in his ears. to top off the look, he added a few rings to each hand before looking in the mirror.

i look like a liar.

——

"sangie, come on! if you don't start getting ready now, you'll miss the formal!" hongjoong screamed at his friend as yeosang continued to lay on his bed, fighting off his smaller friend as he pulled on his arm.

"no, i'm scared!" yeosang shouted as he pouted his lips.

"i know you're nervous, but sitting here and refusing to get ready won't change anything! jongie will still be here in a half an hour to pick you up regardless if you're ready or not!" yeosang finally listened to hongjoong's words and stood up off his bed, crossing his arms and pouting as he did so.

"i don't even know what to wear!" yeosang cried out, stomping his foot as he spoke.

"well that's why you have me, the fashion expert!" hongjoong praised himself, putting his fists on his hips and standing like a superhero.

"yeah, says the boy who's wearing sweatpants and a crew neck right now!" yeosang laughed, earning a glare and a light slap from his friend.

"keep complaining and i'll leave!" yeosang shut his mouth and let hongjoong walk over to his closet, "do you have any ideas of what you'd like to wear?"

"well, definitely something that's a little fancier. maybe a button down or something?" yeosang asked, sounding a little unsure of what he really wanted to wear.

"hmm," hongjoong looked around, "woah, this is so cute! why have i never seen you in this?" hongjoong exclaimed, picking up a patterned brown button down that yeosang had never worn before.

"ew, no it's not! brown? there's a reason you've never seen me in it." yeosang scrunched up his nose, looking absolutely appalled with the shirt hongjoong had picked from his closet.

"no, trust me. i got this!" hongjoong put down the brown button down shirt and continued looking throughout yeosang's closet for more clothing items.

after what felt like a lifetime to yeosang, hongjoong had finally picked out a black turtleneck, a pair of shiny black pants, and black and brown shoes. yeosang looked down at the clothing items, confused as to how someone could style them together.

hongjoong caught on to the boy's confusion and chimed in to help, "ok, first put on the black turtleneck. then put the button down on top of it, i'll tell you how many buttons you should use. and then, tuck them both into the pants. i'll turn around, put the shirts on and then i'll button it for you."

end of the day | seongjoongजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें