chapter eighteen

after school on friday, hongjoong felt extremely exhausted. he had a very long day filled with loud classmates and difficult tests giving him a headache. as soon as he got home, hongjoong decided he needed to take a nap.

hongjoong quickly changed from his school outfit to an oversized pink crewneck, a new pair of boxers, and a fresh pair of fuzzy socks. he also decided to cuddle mihi while napping, since the pink flamingo plush matched his crewneck.

he jumped under the covers, thrilled to finally get some rest. after a bit of tossing and turning, the small boy finally feel asleep.

much to his dismay, hongjoong's slumber got rudely interrupted by a ruckus coming from downstairs. he began stirring in his sleep and eventually opened his eyes, groaning out loud.

"ugh, what's all that noise?" hongjoong said to himself as he sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, "jongie must be watching another one of those weird reality tv shows." he muttered as he threw the covers off his body and hopped out of bed.

hongjoong took mihi and began walking out of his room, heading towards the noise. the boy dragged his half asleep body down the stairs, not even bothering to fully open his eyes.

"jongie, is that you? what's all the noise?" he whined, facing the living room.

"um, can you let your brother know he has no pants on?" hongjoong heard an unfamiliar voice chuckle, forcing his eyes open immediately .

when hongjoong looked at the crowd in front of him, he was horrified with what he saw. not only was jongho in the room, but so were his friends... including seonghwa.

"oh-- um, i-i'm sorry j-jongie, i didn't know you had friends over." hongjoong nervously admitted, pulling down his crewneck a bit to make sure he wasn't exposing himself.

jongho quickly got up and covered the boy's body. "it's ok, hongjoong. you can't see your boxers, the crewneck covers you. besides, it's only san, mingi, yunho, and seonghwa."

yeah... only seonghwa, hongjoong thought to himself.

"still, i'm sorry. if you told me they were coming i would've gotten dressed." hongjoong covered his face as jongho tried to fix his messy hair a bit.

"i'm sorry." was all jongho replied to the younger before he walked over to the couch and sat back down in his seat.

"i'm gonna head to the bathroom, be right back." seonghwa sat up as he walked through the kitchen, heading towards the bathroom. hongjoong was slightly relieved when the older left, finally feeling like he could breath again.

"so kid, do you always carry around little pink toys wherever you go?" san chuckled a bit as he spoke to hongjoong.

hongjoong pulled the flamingo to his side in a protective manner. "i like plushies a lot, and sometimes i like to carry them around the house. i also just woke up, so i was sleeping with her."

"her? it's a fucking to--"

"i think she's beautiful, hongjoong." yunho quickly interrupted san, afraid that what he was about to say would hurt hongjoong in any way.

"thank you. my mommy surprised me with her. i think she's beautiful too." hongjoong smiled at yunho's compliment, pulling mihi in closer to his chest.

"well, your mommy must really love you." yunho replied back, making san scoff at how soft he was acting.

"she does. i'm gonna go get some strawberries from the kitchen, bye bye!" hongjoong waved to jongho's friends, receiving waves from everyone but san who continued to stare at the television in front of him.