chapter seventy five

hongjoong woke up the next morning to the sofia the first theme song blasting through his ears. he was a bit confused at first, but then realized he must've forgotten to turn his ringer off when he went to bed the night prior.

he leaned over to check the caller id and he shrieked out loud, sliding his finger across his phone screen and answering it immediately when he read the name displayed on his screen.

"hi seongie!" hongjoong exclaimed, sounding even more bright and bubbly this morning than he usually did.

"hi my love." seonghwa answered in his deep morning voice, sounding like he probably just woke up before calling hongjoong.

"what are you calling me about so early in the morning?" hongjoong asked after he looked over to his clock and noticed it wasn't even nine in the morning yet.

"since i can finally go out with you again i want to take you on a special date tonight." seonghwa answered, hongjoong could feel seonghwa's smile through the phone screen.

"yay, a date! oh wait, should i actually go? hmm... i don't know if you're lying to me or not..." hongjoong sassily replied, already making a joke out of their previous situation.

"joongie! i'm still sorry, please. i love you." seonghwa's voice immediately chirped up, sounding genuinely nervous that hongjoong would say no.

"i'm just messing with you! i have the right to do that, just because i forgave you doesn't mean i'm not still hurt." hongjoong said as he giggled and stood up from his position on his bed.

"of course baby, you have every right to still be upset with me. but i can guarantee that what i have planned tonight will make you very happy. so, do you accept the offer?" seonghwa asked and hongjoong nodded his head rapidly.

"of course i accept your offer!" hongjoong cried out and seonghwa let out a happy sigh on the other end of the call, "what should i wear, and what time should i be ready?"

"wear something fancy. i'll pick you up at five thirty." seonghwa answered, not planning on giving anymore details for the night.

"ooo, exciting! i can't wait to see you seongie." hongjoong said and seonghwa agreed with him.

"i can't wait either. i'll let you go now. bye bye honey, i love you so much." seonghwa said his goodbyes to hongjoong, not forgetting to remind the younger how much he loves him.

"bye seongie!" hongjoong screamed out before ending the phone call and skipping out of his bedroom.

hongjoong ran down the stairs, stomping his feet loudly with each movement. his mother was sitting on the couch, relaxing a bit before she had to leave for work later that evening. she turned her head after hearing the commotion by the stairs and smiled widely when she noticed it was a smiling hongjoong.

"hey baby boy." she greeted her son as he ran over to the couch and attacked his mother in a bone crushing hug.

"mommy, guess what!" hongjoong screamed out, sounding very excited as he spoke.

"what?" chinsun asked as hongjoong let go of her body.

"seongie is taking me on a date tonight! a fancy date!" hongjoong exclaimed with a wide smile on his face.

"oh wow! that's so exciting. do you know where you're going?" hongjoong's mother asked her son as she ran her fingers through his sloppy morning hair, attempting to brush it a bit.

"i have no idea! he just told me to dress nice and to be ready for five thirty. what time do you have to leave for work today?" hongjoong asked, internally praying that his mother would be home to help him get ready for the date.