chapter twenty five

hongjoong waited in the front of the school like he typically did for his brother, but today he was accompanied by his two friends rather than being completely by himself.

"where is jongho?" wooyoung asked, slightly shaken up.

yeosang put his arm around his anxious friend to calm him down a bit, "he'll be here any minute, he usually talks to his friends a bit before leaving for the day." hongjoong reassured the younger who nodded his head frantically.

thankfully, jongho showed up a little quicker this day than he typically did... probably because he knew he was taking wooyoung and yeosang to his house as well.

"yay, he's here!" hongjoong cheered and wooyoung smiled widely.

yeosang was typically really excited to see jongho, but this time he wasn't. he noticed jongho had his hand in another, the hand belonging to none other than his girlfriend ryujin. yeosang frowned and turned around to lead the boys out the front door, not bothering giving jongho a second glance.

wooyoung quickly ran past yeosang, skipping towards jongho's car. hongjoong giggled and followed the boys action, running ahead of a pouting yeosang.

"jongho, open the door!" wooyoung screamed out as he pulled on the door handle impatiently.

"your brother and his friends are proper weirdos." ryujin said to jongho with a laughed. yeosang overheard what the girl said and he decided to eavesdrop on the conversation a bit, wanting to know what jongho's reply would be.

"yeah, i guess a little." jongho awkwardly chuckled, hurting yeosang even more. he really thought jongho wasn't like his friends, but he was proven wrong.

yeosang decided not to tell hongjoong and wooyoung what jongho and ryujin said as he approached the car, taking a seat next to hongjoong after jongho opened the doors. wooyoung and hongjoong were giggling to one another, so yeosang tried his best to muster up a fake smile as jongho and ryujin took their seats in the front of the car so they wouldn't be suspicious.

"so you guys are coming back to my house?" jongho asked.

"yeah! we're gonna play tea party, and joongie's mommy said we can have ice cream too!" wooyoung screamed and ryujin held her ears closed.

"damn, ever heard of an indoor voice?" she turned to face wooyoung, her tone belittling the younger.

"i have, but i like using my outdoor voice instead!" wooyoung screamed loudly and giggled, earning an eye roll from the girl.

"whatever freak." she whispered to herself as she folded her arms.

hongjoong and wooyoung started having their own conversation after the small encounter with ryujin, discussing what toppings they wanted to put on their ice cream when they get home. yeosang wasn't too interested in the conversation since he planned on having chocolate with no toppings, so he decided to eavesdrop on jongho and ryujin's conversation once again.

"are they going to bother us when we're at your house? i wanted alone time with my baby." she whined slightly as she made grabby hands for jongho's arm. yeosang just rolled his eyes, already fed up with the girl he just met.

"don't worry, they won't. they're good when they're at the house." jongho reassured ryujin, but she continued on with her whining.

"are you sure they're good? i mean, the one behind me is obviously very... different." she made wide eyes while talking about wooyoung.

"don't talk about hongjoong's friends like that." jongho shushed his girlfriend, "you know they can't help it."

"that one is quiet though, why can't the other two be like him?" she asked, referring to yeosang. yeosang had to pretend he wasn't listening intensely to what they were saying while the pair spoke about him.