Castaway ~ 73

Days passed and before Eren knew it, it was the last day before winter break.

Having time off was exactly what he needed. Things had been hectic and he was looking forward to doing nothing for a week.

Although he was looking forward to relaxing, he was also anxious over having to give Levi his gifts.

Every year he got gifts for Armin and Mikasa and it was always successful. He knew they'd like what he got them. With Levi he wasn't sure. He didn't know if Levi would like the watch or think that the framed picture of them was corny.

He knew so much yet so little about Levi and that frustrated him. He learned about his past, his habits, how he grades papers, and even his habits. Something was missing though. What was it?

Eren walked down the hallway with Armin and Mikasa. The three headed to their lockers at the end of the day to gather their things and prepare to leave.

He opened his locker and began pulling his belongings out. Jean leaned one the lockers next to Armin, Eren, and Mikasa. "Coming to my Christmas party?" He asked.

"When is it?" Armin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Christmas eve." Jean said back. "It'll be fun, at least try and make an appearance." He was speaking more to Armin and Mikasa. Most of the people that knew about Eren and Levi's relationship expected them to spend it together.

"I don't know, we'll see." Mikasa sighed. She didn't want to go at all, but would end up going if Eren did. Eren was most likely not going to go, so that made Mikasa have no reason to. Armin was the same.

"You guys really don't know how to have fun. See ya." Jean teased, turning to catch up to Marco as he walked by.

Once Jean was gone, Eren turned to his best friends. "Why don't you guys go?"

"You don't want to spend Christmas Eve together?" Mikasa asked. "You're leaving Christmas morning so I figured the three of us would spend time together the night before."

"I just don't want you guys to miss the party." Eren sighed.

"Why don't you just go then?" Armin asked.

"I think Levi's oldness is rubbing off on me. I really don't have an interest in the party. Plus, it's Jean's party. Even worse." Eren shuddered.

"You know going wouldn't hurt. The fact I'm trying to convince you to go to a party is weird. It's usually the other way around." Armin sighed and laughed softly. "It's okay though, we don't have to go."

Mikasa nodded. "Yeah. I'd rather not go, but I know you're usually into all of that." She shrugged.

"Don't worry. I'm just counting the days until I can go to Levi's place." Eren packed his book bag and hooked it on one of his arms. He really didn't care about going to a party. A while ago he would've been interested, but at that point he couldn't care less.

-

Eren and Levi hadn't really talked the days prior to Christmas. They would text occasionally, but it wasn't the same as seeing each other in person.

It was hard to keep a conversation with Levi through text. He wasn't exactly a person that was on their phone constantly. He had other things to do.

Christmas Eve came quickly and he was in his room. He was going to exchange gifts with Armin and Mikasa, but was waiting for them to be ready.

He was mid phone call with Levi. Levi was home as usual and wasn't doing anything.

"What are you doing today?" Levi asked, flipping through a book as he spoke with Eren.

"Just hanging out with Armin and Mikasa. Jean invited us to some dumb party, but we aren't going." Eren murmured, looking over at the presents he had ready for Levi. He was excited to see him open them.

"Why not?" Levi asked. "Don't teenagers like that kind of shit?"

"I mean, yeah I guess. Not all of them obviously. I would usually go but I don't want to. Your oldness is getting to me." Eren teased.

"I'm not that old." Levi said back. "I think you should." He didn't know why he was encouraging to go to a party. He thought about it and figured the other should have normal teenage years. They were trapped on an island for months.

That was time lost.

"I'm surprised you're telling me to go." Eren shrugged.

"I just think you should. You missed out on some time on our forced "vacation" so I thought you'd jump at the opportunity to have some fun."

"I just want to see you honestly." Eren spoke into the phone, a bit embarrassed.

"I want to see you too. It's okay to do other things though." Levi set his book down and paced around his living room as they spoke.

"Are you doing anything today?" Eren asked.

"No. I usually don't have plans. I think it's been years since I actually had plans for the holidays. I'm not sad about that or anything." Levi didn't want Eren to think that he was upset over going so long not celebrating. He didn't have a lot of family and would rather be alone than with the little family he had left. He could barely call them family.

"Well when you say it like that it sounds kind of sad." Eren murmured. "If you're staying home and doing nothing for Christmas Eve, I am too."

Levi couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "You're so stubborn. I'm fine."

"Nope." Eren shook his head and sat up when he heard Mikasa calling him. "I'll call you tonight, I'm going to hang out with Armin and Mikasa now."

"Alright, see you tomorrow." Levi spoke, glancing around his apartment.

"See you." Eren smiled lightly to himself and hung up the phone. He met up with Armin and Mikasa. "Who's ready for my gifts?" He teased.

"If it's anything like the gift you have me last year I'll pass." Armin teased.

"Hey! That's mean." Eren pouted jokingly.

"I'm on teasing." Armin smiled and held out a gift to Eren.

-

Sorry for taking longer :( I'm back at work after being quarantined since March 14! (Writing this on July 20th!) I'm also a little depressed because my college campus is open in the fall but all of my classes are still online :/

Hope you're all doing well!

Don't forget to vote/comment :)

-k