Castaway - 16

Levi groaned. "I know I'm an ass, but I won't hurt Eren to the point he's heartbroken."

He watched Hanji walk away.

Eren woke up slowly and bit his lip. "I'm going to bed. Night."

Levi nodded. "I'll be there in a sec."

Jean watched Eren walk away and then focused his attention back on Levi. "I've been on the cliff everyday and I've noticed planes going by daily. I think people are looking for us."

"Doubt it. It's probably just regular planes going to the same place we were." Levi rolled his eyes.

"I'm sure we're being looked for. A whole class and group of teachers disappeared." Erwin crossed his arms.

"They could be alright? But they'll give up search eventually. We'll all die on this island." Levi watched Jean, the fire was the only light the group had.

It was already late into the night.

The only things that could be heard were the small waves crashing against the sand and the insects chirping.

"Y'know, if I had some liquor and a hotel close by this would be a great place for a vacation." Levi mumbled, laying back in the sand to look at the stars.

Erwin chuckled. "After this we'll never want to step foot on a beach ever again."

"You got that right." Jean muttered. "I hate the constant feeling of having sand on my body. It feels uncomfortable and when we wash off in the water we get more sand on ourselves having to walk in the sand!" He ranted.

"Wow, you're like Levi." Erwin chuckled more.

"Oh shut up." Levi mumbled in an annoyed tone. "So, Eren almost fell off of the cliff today."

"What?" Mikasa narrowed her eyes. "You know it's your fault right?"

"Of course I do, but it wasn't trying to hurt himself. It was an accident. My fault he went up there though. Levi took a stick and messed around with the fire. "I know I was hurting Eren by not going near him. Thats why've I've just decided not to hurt him anymore, but Hanji thinks this is going to hurt him more in the long run."

Mikasa sighed. "I don't know. He's happy with you, and miserable without you."

Jean nodded in agreement.

Armin watched the fire. "I don't want to go home."

Everyone looked at Armin confused.

"This island is so calm. No problems." Armin murmured. "I feel carefree."

"Don't say that. We're trapped here. Remember that." Levi mumbled. "We can deal with this place, but not like it."

Armin shrugged. "I can't."

Levi shook his head and stood up. He went to where Eren was sleeping and crawled in slowly. He wrapped his body around Eren's from behind and kissed along the other's neck.

Eren whined in his sleep and woke up. "Levi?" He mumbled sleepily.

"Sorry I woke you." Levi mumbled.

"No it's okay." Eren blushed and pecked Levi's cheek.

"Hm, you sure? You looked so peaceful in your sleep." Levi rested his face against Eren's neck.

"Are you trying to make a move or something? I'm not in the mood." Eren mumbled, laughing quietly.

"I know, I know. You don't want affection though?" Levi raised an eyebrow, grinning.

"I want sleep." Eren mumbled, closing his eyes.

Levi sighed and watched. "Alright." He closed his eyes as well.

Eren fell asleep quickly and clung to Levi.

Levi watched Eren as the other slept, admiring how peaceful he looked.

-

The next morning came fast.

Eren was already up and was washing off in the water.

Levi had slept in and woke up late.

He crawled out of the small hut and to the shore. "Hmm." He watched Eren with a grin on his face.

Levi walked into the water slowly and went over to Eren. "Enjoying the water?"

Eren turned quickly and looked at Levi. "Yeah. This is one of the only things I like on this island."

Levi walked closer and took Eren's hand. "I'm not a big fan of the water."

The water reached up to Eren's stomach, while the water was close to Levi's chest.

"Why not?" Eren raised an eyebrow and splashed Levi jokingly.

"No reason--" Levi was cut off when he heard Jean yelling.

"PLANE!"