Castaway - 63

Hi all! Is anyone else having issues with Wattpad?? I'm not getting notifications, my stories are glitchy, and I'm not getting messages? It's so odd :( I don't know what's going on, but now is not the time for this nonsense. Other than that, hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Also, sometimes I worry that the chapters are kind of slow? Idk they're just vibing rn and there's a lot more to come :)

-
Eren slowly opened his eyes when the next morning came. He turned his head to see if Levi was asleep, and he was.

It was a sight he didn't see often. Levi was usually the first one awake.

Levi had been spooning the other, arms wrapped tightly around his waist. His face was against the back of Eren's neck.

Eren was happy. All he could hear was his faint breathing and he knew that Levi was relaxed.

He was enjoying every moment with Levi and didn't want to go home. He was a bit embarrassed that it was their anniversary trip and he didn't do anything. When he did, he caused trouble.

Eren knew that Levi wanted to surprise him, but in the end it wasn't like it was his birthday. It was something that they were supposed to celebrate together. It seemed like they did, but Levi most of the work for it.

He had a great weekend and wanted Levi to know that. What would he get him though? Taking him somewhere wasn't an option unless he planned something for before they left. He could buy him a gift.

If he asked Levi what he wanted, he'd say nothing. He didn't seem like a gift person.

If he couldn't figure out an anniversary gift, how was he going to buy a Christmas gift? Or a birthday gift?

Eren was second guessing himself. He knew what Levi liked, but didn't want to buy something and have him hate it.

Any little thing Levi did for him was amazing. He knew him so well.

Eren, on the other hand, felt that he didn't know what Levi liked. He didn't have hobbies. He was a teacher and spent most of his time grading papers and planning lessons.

When he wasn't doing that, he was cooking, cleaning, or showering. When Eren was over, they'd entertain themselves.

Eren was deep in thought as he tried to figure out what to do. He didn't notice Levi woke up and was finally brought back to his senses when he felt him kiss the nape of his neck.

"Good morning." Eren said quietly, turning to face the other. He made sure not to put any pressure on his ankle. He faced Levi with a smile.

Levi looked at Eren and reached out to run a hand through his hair. "Morning."

"It feels so odd seeing you here when I first wake up. Usually you're sitting drinking coffee and grading homework or something." Eren teased.

"Well, you told me to try and sleep in." Levi shrugged. "I don't think I've ever slept that much in my life." He teased.

Eren laughed softly and shifted closer. "So, is there anything you want?"

Levi raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I was thinking about how you planned this whole weekend for us. You've done a lot and I haven't done anything for you." Eren frowned. "I feel bad."

"Yes, this trip was a surprise to you, but it was something for us to do together. And you don't need to repay me for anything. It's not give and take like that." Levi pinched Eren's cheek lightly. "I wanted to see you smile." He admitted. "That's enough for me."

Eren blushed and looked away. "Don't say stuff like that so early. I'm already flustered."

Levi smirked. "That just makes me want to say more to watch you squirm."

"Please don't." Eren sighed softly. "Can you find something you want though? Please?"

"I don't want anything. I don't need an object or something done to show you 'repaying' me." Levi sat up and yawned, arms stretching out over his head.

"Fine." Eren mumbled, resting his head on Levi's lap. He looked up at the other. "Your birthday is coming up, so be prepared for a really big present."

"I don't need anything for my birthday. Any birthday after 21 is just a reminder of getting old and all of the expectations you're supposed to meet. When you're younger it's all fun and games until you're an adult and have taxes, credit cards, student loans, car payments and rent." Levi said, looking down at Eren.

Eren laughed. "You're not even that old." He rolled his eyes.

"I still have to deal with all of those though." Levi added. "If my gift could be building up my credit score that'd be great." He joked.

"If you keep talking about boring things I'm going to get breakfast by myself." Eren sat up and got out of bed. He balanced on one foot.

Levi got out of bed and wrapped Eren's arm around his shoulders. "You're going to need some help." He made Eren sit back on the bed.

"I know you probably don't want to seem like it, but you're so caring." Eren teased. "It's cute."

"Don't call me cute." Levi rolled his eyes and sat next to Eren.

Eren turned to face Levi and leaned in to kiss him. He rested his hand on Levi's cheek. "I can call you whatever I want." He added, grinning.

"Now you're on your own." Levi stood up and went into the bathroom.

"Hey! Come back!" Eren stood and began hopping to the bathroom.

Levi walked out and picked Eren up easily. He carried him to the bathroom and set him down. "We'll definitely need to stop and get you crutches on the way back."

"I said I could handle it." Eren mumbled. "I'll get crutches."

"I'm not dropping you off at home like this. You need crutches." Levi picked up his toothbrush and toothpaste.

Eren huffed softly and waited for Levi to pass him the toothpaste. "You just don't want Mikasa on your case. It'd look like you were dumping me back on them hurt, when I'm reality that's not the case."

Levi rolled his eyes and began brushing his teeth. "I'm getting you crutches. It's final."

Eren put toothpaste on his toothbrush and began brushing his teeth. "Fine."

Once their teeth were brushed Levi helped Eren back into the bedroom.

"What did you want for breakfast?" Levi asked, pulling his shirt off to change out of his pajamas.

"You." Eren mumbled, laughing to himself.

Levi raised an eyebrow. "Not with that ankle. Get dressed and think of something."

Eren whined and looked at the clothes Levi had put on the bed for him. "I'm not five. You don't have to pick my clothes out for me."

"Your bag is on the other side of the room. Plus, you don't have any other clothes. Everything else is dirty right? I assumed that was the only outfit you had." Levi knew there were things Eren could do on his own, but he didn't really care.

-

After the two ate breakfast, Levi packed up the car with their belongings and they headed to the store.

"I figured going to a store here would be better than going to one back home." Levi parked. "Do you want to wait in the car?"

"No, I want to go." Eren tried to get out the car.

Levi walked over to the other side and helped him up. "We'll go straight for the crutches."

"I'm not in a rush." Eren mumbled. "Don't worry."

-