Castaway - 67

The pic I added with this chapter got me emo lmao, I don't know why. (Credit to the artist is on the pic!)

Also please check out Love Me Not! It's my new story that is lowkey a lot better haha (plus I update that one faster oops)

-

It was already nearing the beginning of December. Eren stayed off of his ankle for around three weeks to be safe and he was able to start walking on it.

It felt like forever since he was able to walk correctly. Due to being on crutches, he didn't spend a lot of time with Levi.

They saw each other in the halls and sent text messages as well as talked on the phone. Eren couldn't sneak over to his apartment like he usually did and spent the nights with him.

Eren was extremely frustrated in more ways than one.

Being able to walk meant he could go see Levi. He was really excited. Although staying off of his foot for three weeks was a bit excessive, it was Levi who made him.

Eren wanted to be annoyed, but knew it was just that Levi cared for him. He would never say he did, but his actions showed it.

That three weeks off of his foot meant three weeks away from working at the café. That was money he could've used to buy Levi a gift.

Eren sighed and looked at his phone.

"What's wrong?" Armin asked, sitting next to his best friend on the couch.

"Levi's birthday and Christmas are coming up. I don't know what to get him." He frowned.

Armin tilted his head. "When is his birthday?"

"Christmas day." Eren said, scrolling through websites to try and find the perfect gift.

"Oh. I mean you could get him one big gift and have it be for both. I don't think he's the materialistic type though. I don't think he wants items." Armin tilted his head. "I don't know him very well, you obviously do. So it's your choice in the end. That's just from what I've observed."

"It makes me upset because if he had to buy me a gift right now I'm sure he'd know exactly what to get." Eren huffed softly. "He's a teacher so.. a mug? A nice pen? Books?"

"What if you get a really nice pen and get it engraved with his name on it or something?" Armin asked. "It'd be very personal. He'd use it a lot since he is a teacher and is grading papers."

"That's a really good idea. I want to get him more than that though." Eren's face lit up when he thought of something, only to be shut down by Armin.

"I already know what you're thinking, and no, don't count your body as a gift." Armin turned to Eren.

Eren laughed. "It was a joke, but how'd you know?"

"I could just tell." Armin smiled lightly. "I'm sure who I'll figure it out. It's only the beginning of December. You have time."

"I should probably go visit him too. I can walk now so I can sneak in and out of his apartment. It was really risky while on crutches." Eren opened up his text messages and went to text Levi.

Eren typed, "Can I come over this weekend?" He sent it quickly and set his phone down. He looked back at Armin.

"Have you tried asking him what he wants?" Armin asked.

"He's going to say he doesn't want anything. Or anything he needs he can buy himself." Eren said back, looking back at his phone when he saw Levi had a text.

"Sure. Staying the whole weekend?" Levi sent back.

"I'd like to. Why? Trying to sneak someone else over? ;)" Eren sent his text and laughed slightly to himself. Levi would never. He felt bad he even doubted the other with the situation involving Petra.