Castaway - 62

"I feel you were like that in the past." Eren murmured. "I thought whenever I said something about the future I was shot down. It was so off and on. You cared about it, you didn't. You wanted to breakup when we were rescued, then you said you didn't want to."

Levi listened and nodded. He didn't say anything to see what else Eren would say.

"It made me sad. I wanted to treasure that time together but when I was constantly reminded it could end, I couldn't. I treasure it now of course. I think that even if we didn't work out I would've treasured it looking back at it. I think I've grown a lot as a person. I can see you did too. I can only hope that if we did break up you would've used what happened in our relationship as an example of what to do or not do in your next one." Eren let out a lot, looking at Levi once he was finished. "Sorry I didn't think I had that much to say."

"It's fine, I wanted to hear your thoughts. I know I was shitty." Levi sighed. "I've never heard you say that much. Have you always wanted to say this?"

"Yeah, I guess. It's not like I was itching to tell you obviously. It was always something I thought about saying if the discussion came up. It did, so I was able to say what I wanted to say."

Levi raised an eyebrow. "You didn't have to wait though. You could've said it at anytime and started the conversation."

"I wanted to wait until it was naturally talked about. I didn't want to start something." Eren leaned in closer to Levi. "We should go in now. My foot feels numb from the cold."

Levi nodded and helped Eren up, guiding him inside. "You just have a sock on after all."

"Yeah." Eren plopped down on the couch and pulled his other shoe off. "It feels great to be back. I'm so cold."

Levi hung his jacket up and slipped his shoes off. "You should probably take a warm bath."

"I can shower. I just won't stand on my foot." Eren mumbled.

"That's a lot harder than you think. I'll put the water for you." Levi rolled his eyes and walked into the bathroom. He opened the faucet and set the water to hot.

Eren huffed softly. "I'm not taking a bath unless you're taking one with me to wash my hair."

Levi rolled his eyes. "Why are you so stubborn? It's just a bath."

"Take it or leave it. I'll sleep in bed in my clothes from today." Eren threatened.

Levi walked out of the bathroom and leaned against the doorway, arms crossed over his chest. "You act like an eight year old. Sleeping in your clothes from the day in the clean bed is gross. If you try and pull that you're sleeping on the floor."

"You wouldn't do that." Eren grinned. "And even if you did, you'd feel some guilt and get me to go back into bed with you."

"You really think so?" Test me." Levi smirked and helped Eren stand. He led him to the bathroom and had him sit on the edge of the tub.

"You're not that heartless." Eren said, pulling his shirt off.

"I really don't want to take a bath right now." Levi said, helping Eren stand to get his pants off.

Eren accidentally put weight onto his ankle and winced softly. "It hurts."

"I know, you'll be better soon." Levi pressed a kiss to Eren's temple. "Just get in the bath. I'll take care of you."

Eren blushed lightly at Levi's words and nodded. Once he was fully undressed he watched as Levi guided him into the tub.

He put one of Eren's arms around his neck and shoulders and practically lifted him.

"Do you think you'll be able to get up on your own once you're sitting?" Levi asked.

"I don't know." Eren shrugged. "I guess we'll see."

"Brat." Levi grumbled as he began undressing.

"What are you doing?" Eren asked.

"What does it look like? Might as well get in and bathe if I'm going to get wet trying to help you get out." Levi stepped into the tub and sat behind Eren.

Eren turned and looked at Levi. "Now I feel bad. You didn't want to take a bath."

"It's not a big deal. At least now you'll have someone to wash your hair." Levi teased, leaning forwards to press a kiss to Eren's shoulder.

Eren got goosebumps and nodded. "Yeah, I'm lazy."

"Wet your hair then." Levi said, waiting. "Then I'll wash it."

"How? I need a cup or something." Eren looked around the tub. There was only shampoo, conditioner and body wash.

"Lean your head under the faucet I guess?" Levi suggested, unsure of what Eren should do.

Eren rolled his eyes and opened the faucet. He leaned under it to wet his hair. "Okay I'm good."

Levi put shampoo on Eren's head and began washing his hair. He ran his fingers through slowly. "This is weird."

"I'm enjoying this." Eren closed his eyes. "It feels comforting. I could fall asleep." He murmured.

"Try not to fall asleep. Rinse your head again." Levi watched as Eren leaned back under the faucet and washed off the shampoo.

"Do you want conditioner?" Levi asked.

"Ah why not, my hair will be soft." Eren smiled and waited for Levi to continue.

-

Once they were both dry from the bath Levi guided Eren into the bedroom. He dug through his bag and pulled out pajamas for him.

"Can you get dressed?" Levi asked, beginning to dress himself.

"Yeah." Eren stayed sitting on the bed and lied back to pull his pants on. Once he sat back up, he put his shirt on.

Eren ran a hand through his damp hair and watched as Levi finished getting dressed. He sighed in frustration. Why did he have to get hurt their last night there? He had other plans and his ankle ruined it. 

"You look like you're going to throw a tantrum." Levi said, sitting on the bed next to Eren. He raised his hand and rested it against his cheek. "What's wrong?"

"I'm annoyed I got hurt our last night here. I kind of wanted to do other things." Eren mumbled.

"Other things? That's pretty vague." Levi smirked. He understood what Eren meant though.

"Shush. At least kiss me if you're going to lean in so close." Eren smiled lightly.

"Fine." Levi pressed a kiss to Eren's lips

Eren returned the kiss and smiled. "Don't wake up early tomorrow and have breakfast ready like today. I really appreciated it, but I want you to try and sleep in. Plus, I wanted to cuddle and you weren't there." He admitted.

"Okay, I'll try and sleep in."

"We can get breakfast together."

-

Hi everyone! I hope you're all staying safe and healthy. Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to vote/comment :)