Castaway - 60

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! 💓
-

"Ooo cotton candy." Eren could feel his mouth watering as they approached the booth.

"I'm guessing that means, 'I want one' right?" Levi got on the line and bought one for Eren. He wasn't a fan of sweets, but knew Eren had a big sweet tooth.

Eren took it happily. "You didn't have to buy it." He murmured. "But thank you." He started eating it and then held a piece out for Levi to eat.

"I'm not a fan of sugar." Levi mumbled.

"What if I eat it and then kiss you?" Eren teased, causing people to look.

Levi took the piece and ate it. "You're attracting a lot of attention."

"Oops." Eren shrugged. "Sorry." He continued to eat the cotton candy until it was finished. They walked around the booths a few times.

"Why do we keep making loops?" Levi asked. "Don't you want to see the stuff on sale?"

"Yeah, but I figured we could take a break and just sit and relax." Eren finally saw an open area. There were a few trees and the spot over looked the ice skating rink. There were no people in that area, only a few benches.

"Perfect." Eren sat on the bench and rested his head on Levi's shoulder once he sat down. "I really appreciate you going out of your comfort zone for me." He said softly, resting a hand on Levi's cheek to turn his face towards him. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to his lips.

Levi returned the kiss, staying there for a moment before pulling away. He wanted to lean back in, but didn't want anyone staring.

"You always pull away so fast. Do you not want to be seen with me?" Eren asked, pouting. He was only joking

"You know that's not the case." Levi said back, rolling his eyes.

"I'm just messing with you. You know I'm not mad. The fact we're here right now is great. This weekend we had our first public outings as a couple. And nobody here knows who we are. Most news stories are a thing of the past. There's no shot anyone remembers." Eren looked around and watched as people walked by.

"Yeah, I think we're good here." Levi added. "Is there anything else you wanted to eat?"

"Hmm..I might need to sample a bit of everything." Eren teased.

-

Once the two ate and chatted, it was evening. Most families had already left the festival and the ice skating rink had barely any people on it.

"I think it's our time to go on." Eren said, tossing out his used napkins and containers his food came in.

"Let's go rent skates then." Levi walked over to the booth.

As Levi got the ice skates, Eren waited on a bench next to the rink. He was excited. It had been a long time since he did something like ice skating. He normally worked, went to school, and stayed at Levi's apartment. There was no time for other things and even if there was time, they couldn't go out publicly.

Eren was snapped out of his thoughts once he saw Levi was holding a pair of ice skates in front of him.

"Earth to Eren." Levi smirked lightly. "What's on your mind."

"Not much. I was thinking about how I haven't done this in a while. Even if we had the time to do it back home we wouldn't be able to." Eren watched as Levi began to slip his shoes off and did the same.

They were soon laced up and ready to go.

Eren needed guidance and held Levi's hand as they made their way onto the rink.

Levi glided onto the ice with ease while Eren had trouble keeping himself up. He struggled to stay balanced.

"You can hold onto me. I'll show you what to do." Levi moved Eren's hand to hold his arm. He started stepping and gliding, pulling Eren along. "Follow what I'm doing with my feet."

"I'm scared I'll fall. It looks painful." Eren mumbled.

"You can't be scared to fall. You have to fall to learn." Levi said, moving a bit faster and still pulling Eren along.

"Fine, but if I fall you have to catch me."

"Okay." Levi let go of Eren and watched as he tried to move forwards. As he tried, he felt his body slip out from under him.

Before he could fall, Levi was there to catch him. "Be careful."

"I'm trying." Eren looked at Levi with an embarrassed expression. "I didn't think I'd be this bad. I skated a few times when I was younger."

"It's okay. You just stepped onto the ice. I didn't think you'd be amazing at it from the beginning." Levi shrugged and continued to guide Eren. His arm was wrapped around his waist while Eren held onto him. "And if you feel you're going to fall, tell me. I'll help you balance. Don't take me down with you."

"That'd be pretty funny though." Eren grinned. He started to pretend to lose his balance.

"Eren, stop doing that." Levi sighed. "You're going to fall. You already almost fell."

Eren shook his head. "I won't lose balance." He continued to pretend to fall until he actually did lose his balance and began falling. He panicked and pulled Levi down with him.

The two fell, hitting the cold ice.

Levi cursed under his breath and looked at Eren. "Are you okay?"

Eren nodded. "Yeah, sorry." He felt bad.

"Don't feel bad. It's fine." Levi moved so he was on his knees and got up one foot at a time. He held a hand out for Eren to grab. He was wet and a bit annoyed, but he wouldn't let Eren see that.

"My butt is wet." Eren mumbled.

"Well you just fell on ice." Levi said back, trying to help Eren up. He pulled him until he was on his feet.

"I thought this was going to be some fun, romantic thing to do." Eren huffed softly. "Not falling on our butts."

"It might've been that way if you knew how to ice skate." Levi said, teasing the other. "But this is fine too."

Levi held Eren closer as they skated. "I think they're closing soon."

"Yeah, we should go. We've gone in circles a few times. Plus, I'm scared to fall again." Eren mumbled.

Levi guided them over to the exit and helped Eren step out. They went back to the bench where their shoes were. He sat and pulled his ice skates off. Eren did the same, but winced softly. He tried to cover it up, but Levi had noticed.

"Did you hurt yourself?" Levi asked, getting concerned.

"I think I just sprained my ankle when I fell. It should be fine in a few days." Eren said.

-