Castaway - 35

Don't forget to vote and comment !!

-

There he was, hair done by some random professional, in an outfit picked out by some other professional.

Nobody was there behind the scenes for support. The person he wanted there most, Levi, couldn't be there. It would look too suspicious.

He sat, bouncing his knee as the anchors tried to make small talk. His answers were short due to his nerves.

The time came for the interview and they were live right away.

Armin and Mikasa watched with the other teenagers at their apartment while the teachers gathered at Levi's apartment.

The anchor started off with, "Hello, welcome back to News Seven. Today, we have an interview we have been waiting for for quite some time. The tragic story of the class lost at sea and stranded on a deserted island. Someone has finally come forward. That someone is student Eren Jaeger. How are you today Eren?"

"I'm great, thanks for having me here." Eren murmured, a bit nervous. Nobody else was there. He was all alone.

"How have you been since getting back?" The anchor asked, looking at Eren with no emotion what so ever. She was doing her job.

Eren stared at her and her bright red lipstick for a moment before responding. "Good. It's been hard adjusting to life here again, but I need to adjust. This is home."

"Can you talk step by step? Give us the story and the timing of it all." The anchor asked, eyes on Eren before moving to look at the camera.

"Well, we all found each other on the beach one morning. All washed up. The plane crashed. We all had to survive. We built little tents and would hunt for our food. There was only so much of that food we could eat though. You get sick of it, no matter how hungry. There's a point you can't even hold it down. We left on the trip in November, it was during some school break. We were rescued around April or May I think? Sorry, I've just been focused on catching up on school and stuff." Eren spoke calmly, although he felt really upset. Why did he do this to himself? Making his anxiety and what he had tucked in the back of his mind resurface. It also made him think about the timing and how most of them had their birthdays on that island and never realized and to think, he managed to avoid the news until September.

The anchor nodded in understanding. "I could imagine that must've been hard. Did it affect your mental health? And did you have to stay back a grade?

"Of course if did. It affected all of us. I don't think this now, but I really just wanted to die. I wanted anything towards the end. Whatever escape I could get. Yeah, it sounds dark. We were trapped and had no idea when people would come for us. It was torture seeing planes go over occasionally. Each time we got our hopes up until we just couldn't be hopeful anymore. I'm grateful that the two, it's sad I can't even remember their names, came to our rescue. I've tried to block that part out. And no, from May through August we caught up on all of our work and were able to move forward." Eren looked down at his hands.

"I'm glad you were able to catch up and not get held back and I'm sure that you all grew very close on that island." The anchor said, looking down at a folder she had.

"I don't like where this is going." Armin mumbled, staring at the tv. It was odd seeing Eren on tv.

"Relax." Jean told Armin, rolling his eyes. They focused back on the tv. "Maybe it's cards she's reading from."

Eren nodded. "Yeah, we're all still close. We have the same trauma. We all understand each other."

"But there are certain people, a person you're closest to. Correct?" She asked, shifting to open the folder and pull something out.

Eren chuckled nervously. "I don't know what you're saying. I'm close with all of them."

"Can you explain this then?" The anchor held up pictures taken of Eren going into Levi's apartment one night and leaving the next morning.

His stomach dropped in that instant. He thought he had lost the news and paparazzi and all of that. How? How did they find him?

"I don't know what I should be explaining." Eren shrugged.

"One night going into Levi Ackerman, your teacher's apartment, leaving the next morning." The anchor slid the pictures to Eren on the desk.

"Okay? Similar trauma. We stick together." Eren played it off very well. He was still a bit shaky though.

"Isn't that inappropriate?" The anchor asked.

"Oh my god." Hanji broke her gaze from the television. "Why weren't you guys more careful?" She turned to Levi, who sat there uninterested. He would only be pissed if Eren didn't cover well.

"It's not that big of a deal. Of course they'd corner him like this to try and get him to crack. He won't though. Shitty news." Levi said. "Now shut up and keep watching. They didn't catch us doing anything inappropriate."

"But you guys do inappropriate things obviously."

"Well they don't know that." Levi mumbled.
-

I saw this was in my drafts from a while ago and I'm so happy it was !! Enjoy this bit while I work on more of the story :)

Please vote and comment !

-Kayla