Castaway - 51

Don't forget to vote/comment :)

-

Eren was finally free of his work shift and went to school. He changed into his school clothes and stuffed his work uniform in his locker.

He was exhausted. It didn't help that he had been thinking so deeply so early. He was set on getting Levi to talk though.

The school day went along and he was in Levi's class. As he walked in and saw him, he wanted to smile. It would be too suspicious if he did so looked away.

He plopped down at his desk and pulled his homework out of his folder. He didn't ask Levi for answers or expect him to curve his grades. That would be wrong. He worked hard and only got the amount of help any another student would get.

The bell rang and Mikasa and Armin came into the room.

"Eren? Doing his homework himself? Wow. Never thought I'd see that." Jean said from behind Eren.

Eren rolled his eyes and turned around in his seat to face Jean. "Haha you're so funny." He said sarcastically before turning back around. "I know you look up the answers."

Jean kicked the back of Eren's chair. "I don't. Shut up."

"Alright, I see this is already going to be an interesting period." Levi murmured, referencing the argument already brewing between Eren and Jean. "Pass your homework up."

The students all passed their homework up and Levi took it. He put it in a folder before slipping it into his bag.

"Okay, so we're going to go over your tests today. Most of you did fine, but I don't want anyone confused. Especially since questions like these can appear on your final in the future." Levi handed back each test.

Eren was happy to see that he got a ninety. He was working hard to keep good grades, especially since math wasn't his favorite. Armin was tutoring him as well. Armin was definitely top of their class in academics.

Jean sat up when he saw his test. "What the fuck? A seventy five? I worked my ass off." He glanced forwards at Eren's test and rolled his eyes when he saw that he got a better grade. "Of course you got that grade, you're fucking your teacher after all." The class grew silent.

Jean hadn't realized how loud he has said it. He froze when what he had just done hit him. He just wanted to mess with Eren and push his buttons.

Eren felt his face go red as students turned to look at him. Levi leaned against his desk with his arms crossed over his chest. He wasn't concerned, and waited for the other to respond.

"I'm really tired of this rumor. I thought it would die off by now, but I see everyone else's lives are so boring that you have to bud into mine. I didn't do anything to the teacher for this grade. I actually studied and had help from Armin. So thank you, Armin." Eren looked at his best friend before turning back to look at Jean. "If you're so upset over your grade you should, hm.. I don't know, study? Stop starting with me."

Mikasa listened and was a bit surprised. She expected Eren to flip his desk and go for a punch. He was definitely acting more mature than he usually did.

Levi also watched with surprise. "Okay that's enough. Jean, and everyone else, quit it. If I hear one more comment like that there will be consequences. You're putting my job on the line with your bullshit."

There weren't any consequences, but he liked scaring them. The only thing he could do would be to give them detention. He still didn't understand why everyone was so hung up on if he and Eren were together.

They denied it and Petra, the only person that wasn't on the island that knew, thought they're no longer together. It was all falling into place.

Plus, Levi and Eren had their getaway approaching.

Levi was looking forward to having that time alone with him without any worries.

"I'd like to teach my class with no interruptions." Levi watched Jean and Eren.

"We won't start again." Jean mumbled, looking down.

"Sorry." Eren added, frowning.

-

Once the school day was over Eren walked home with Armin and Mikasa.

"I was really surprised that you acted more mature earlier with Jean." Mikasa said, glancing at Eren.

"I didn't have the energy to fight. I've been up since like four in the morning." Eren rubbed his eyes and yawned. "I want to knock out on the couch."

"Jean was expecting you to argue back, so it was interesting to see his demeanor change." Mikasa said, continuing to walk in between Eren and Armin.

"I don't know.. I have a feeling Jean didn't mean to say it that loud. When he said it and realized how loud it was he froze." Armin was very observant and definitely picked up on things that most didn't.

"Either way, it made me feel uncomfortable. I don't want people thinking I'm doing that stuff to get a good grade. It bothers me." Eren kicked a rock on the sidewalk and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Well, tell Jean not to bring that up then." Armin knew it was easier said than done.

"I just wish not everyone knew that was on the island. It's so many people. I'm not close to Jean for him to be knowing that information. Any "wrong" thing I do to him could lead to him telling people." Eren frowned.

"Jean is an asshole, but I don't think he's that that much of an asshole." Armin said back. "He used me as a human shield and even I don't think he's that much of an asshole. I don't think he wants to ruin your life."

"As much as I don't want to agree because you know I don't really like Jean, I agree with Armin." Mikasa mumbled. "I don't think he meant for his words to come out that loud."

Eren looked at his best friends. "I know it would take a lot for you guys to side with Jean, so I see where you're coming from."

"Let's just keep moving forward from that." Armin walked up to their apartment and unlocked it.

Mikasa and Eren followed him inside.

"I just can't wait to go out with Levi for our anniversary dinner." Eren smiled lightly as he thought about it.

-

A/N: Hiii hope everyone is having a good day :) don't forget to vote/comment 🐳

Ty!