Castaway ~ 71

Hiii I got a switch and animal crossing new horizons recently, if anyone wants to add me I'd love it! My friend code is: SW-2325-0474-9226

-
As Levi pulled out of his driveway that night he was faced with some relief. He didn't realize he had been holding back some concerned thoughts he wouldn't normally have.

Eren didn't seem upset with him over cancelling their plans. He wasn't expecting to see Eren at the mall two days in a row.

Levi had actually noticed Eren the day before at the shopping area. He saw Armin look over and then tell Eren that he spotted him.

He understood why Eren chose not to interact and thought that he wouldn't end up there again the next day.

Seeing Eren there the next day with Armin while he was with Hanji left him a bit speechless. He actually stumbled a bit over his lie. That was the first time.

The truth was, Levi had been trying to find Eren a gift. In all of his years of being around others and even dating, he was stumped.

In the past he really didn't care about if the gift was completely sentimental. When he thought about it, he came to the simple conclusion that he was an asshole.

After what he had put Eren through, he was trying to be a better person. There situation wasn't ideal either. He still was, but definitely wasn't to Eren.

The first day he went to the shopping area to find a gift, but couldn't.. He knew that Eren would want something more sentimental.

Levi wasn't a sentimental person and if he hadn't given in and asked for advice from Hanji, he wouldn't have found a gift at all.

Levi searched for a gift, there was too much to look through. There were too many stores and he had no idea what to pick. What did he like? He blanked.

Winter break was approaching and he knew he was on a time limit. In the end, he made a decision that wasn't like him at all. He reached out to Hanji for some guidance.

(Time goes back a few hours to show a bit of Levi's POV)

It was either her or Erwin, and for some reason he felt even more awkward asking Erwin about it. It was embarrassing to him.

Hanji didn't let Levi hear the end of it. She was on top of it and was shocked to see that Levi was asking her for help.

The two had made their way to the shopping area and Levi wanted to get it all over with quickly.

"Can you pick up the pace?" Levi asked, turning to look at Hanji. She was taking her sweet time as she walked.

"Why the rush?" Hanji asked, raising an eyebrow. "Don't you want to find the perfect gift for your perfect lover?" She teased.

"I regret ever asking you." Levi sighed. "If you're going to bullshit this whole time I'll go off on my own."

"Good luck trying to find a gift then." Hanji grinned. "I'm sure Eren got the best gift for you. I'm sure he put all of his heart into it. Without my help you're going to end up getting something boring."

Levi didn't want to admit that Hanji was right. Without some help he'd probably get a very boring gift. He knew that Eren would like anything he gave him. That wasn't the point though, he didn't want to get him anything random. He wanted to see something and just know that it would be perfect for Eren. Something that defined the rocky beginning and uncertainty they felt that had evolved to much more.

He knew the relationship he had was definitely complicated and looked down upon. He wasn't one to feel guilt, but in that aspect he did feel a little bit, especially when he saw Eren.

Someone with such bright eyes and a long successful future ahead.

Levi wouldn't hold Eren back if there was a chance he had so much more waiting for him. He'd accept it and watch him go. He had lived that life already.

Eren was just stepping into it.

He wondered if they'd ever come to a crossroad. Would they disagree over something that involved their future?

Would Levi want one thing and Eren the opposite?

Levi walked in silence as he thought, zoning out and ignoring Hanji's constant blabbering about gifts. He wasn't paying attention much. He was finally forced out of his thoughts when Hanji nudged him. "Hello? Are you listening?"

"Clearly not." Levi rolled his eyes. "What are you ranting about?"

"I'm not ranting." Hanji argued. "Weren't you supposed to meet up with Eren today?" She asked.

Levi nodded. "Yeah, but I cancelled to try and find a gift. I told him it was work related."

"Oh. He's not upset?" Hanji asked. "Wasn't it the first time in a while?"

Levi looked at Hanji. "Why are you so fucking nosey?"

"I'm asking you a question. We're friends. If I was a stranger asking you I could see why you'd be put off, but it's me." Hanji said back. "Plus, I'll leave right now." She threatened with a grin. All she had to do was threaten to leave.

"He wasn't upset." Levi finally said. "We'll see each other at some point."

Hanji nodded. She didn't want to say she was surprised that Eren wasn't upset. She knew it would just annoy Levi more and thought it was time to give him a break. She already picked on him a lot.

Levi walked with Hanji and the two entered a random store. He was surprised that she joined him.

Hanji wasn't exactly the most accepting in the beginning. She had a very realistic outlook on the situation and he couldn't say she was wrong for thinking the way she did.

Levi was someone that was more realistic as well and was now in a phase of life where he wasn't thinking about what the "realistic" option was. The realistic option would be to not get involved with Eren. Cutting all ties once they were off of the island.

His approach of trying to get that "realistic" option while on the island failed and he put Eren through a lot.

Hanji realized that there was no way Levi was budging from the relationship so she just accepted it. It took some time. Plus, she knew Levi and he would never ever manipulate or use Eren.

The fact he took such a big risk to be with him explained it all as well. If he was just using him their time together would've been over. Levi would've lost interest and moved on.

It was the opposite. Levi was still seeing Eren and was even trying to make himself better. He was out searching for a gift, a sentimental gift.

In all of the years Hanji knew Levi, she'd never seen that. He normally didn't care at all.

It was obvious he cared too much for it to be that he was in it for the wrong reasons.

"What were you even thinking of getting him? I know you're not getting him clothes, but what were you leaning towards?" Hanji asked.

"Why do you think I asked you to come?" Levi rolled his eyes. "That's why you're here." He didn't say it, but he wanted to get Eren something he could wear. He did lean towards the thought of some sort of necklace or bracelet. Nothing gaudy or flashy though.

Eren already lit up a room and sparkled. He didn't need jewelry to do that.

-

Don't forget to vote/comment bbs