Castaway - 68

Thank you guys for all of the support on chapter 67! You're all super sweet and I want to write my best for you all! I'm still in quarantine (I live in New York and we're into phase 1 of reopening in my area) so I'm planning on trying to put aside time everyday to either write or think of ideas for my stories!

Thank you again!

-

Eren stood with Armin inside the store and frowned. "This is making me anxious."

Armin rested a hand on Eren's shoulder. "Eren, relax."

No matter what, he couldn't calm down. Not only was he worried about getting the perfect gift, he was overthinking their relationship and what would happen long term.

Eren walked deeper into the store with Armin behind him. All he could see was clothes and accessories.

"See anything?" Armin asked, peeking over Eren's shoulder as he stopped to look at a rack of clothes.

"No, I'm just browsing." Eren mumbled. "This shirt is nice, but Levi wouldn't wear it." He took the shirt off of the rack and looked at it. "This is something I would wear. No way he would."

"Priorities, Eren. We're not shopping for you." Armin teased, he took Eren's arm and guided him out of the store. "That place was a bust. Good we have a lot more to go."

Eren nodded. He didn't think he'd be able to find anything at all. They passed a few stores and the two looked in the windows to determine if they should go in.

Most didn't have anything that caught Eren's eye, until he stumbled to a storefront with watches. He stopped suddenly, causing Armin to bump into him.

Eren turned and laughed. "Sorry. The watches got my attention."

Armin looked into the shore window. "Those watches are really nice. Don't you think they'll be expensive?"

"I've been saving up money for months now. I can afford a watch." Eren smiled. He was glad he saved for so long.

"Let's go in then." Armin opened the door and held it open for Eren once he was inside.

Eren walked in and looked at the variety of watches. The shelves and walls were filled with different watch styles. Different band sizes, different watch sizes, made of leather, made of metals, he had so much to choose from.

One specific watch caught his eye though. It was steel color and had a dark green band. (The color of the capes they wear in aot basically) He stared at it through the glass casing it was in.

"Is that the one?" Armin asked. "It looks really nice."

Eren nodded. "Do you think he'd wear it?"

"I think so. I mean he has to dress business casual everyday for work. A watch would fit nice. Does he wear one now?" Armin asked.

"I don't think so." Eren turned and went to get an employee so he could purchase the watch.

Eren had no regrets while buying the watch. It made him so happy. He didn't know if he should get him another gift though. Would the watch be enough?

As the two walked out of the store, Armin turned to Eren. "What made you choose the watch?"

"I wanted something that he'd use a lot. He'd wear it everyday for work." Eren smiled.