Castaway - 69

The whole process of Eren trying to find a gift for Levi had me here feeling like I was gift shopping for my non existent boyfriend since I write the story lmao. Trying to figure out what to get him was actually harder than I thought it'd be. Like I could pick out a million things for Eren, but it's so hard to for Levi lmao

Also, apparently, Attack on Titan (manga) only has about 5% of the story left :( its been a long ride and just because it's over doesn't mean it'll leave my top spot as favorite!

Also, Eren looks hot in that above pic ^

Ty and gn
-

Eren knew he couldn't be mad over Levi cancelling plans because he had a lot of work.

He was frustrated, but couldn't be angry. They still had winter break. He was going to spend as much time as possible with him when that time came.

The weekend came fast and as disappointed as he was to not spend time with Levi, he knew he'd have fun with Armin as they went back to the shops.

Eren looked at the watch that he bought Levi and smiled to himself. He couldn't wait to give it to him and see his reaction. He set it on his dresser and left his room. He was proud of the gift he got.

He met Armin in the living room. "Does Mikasa want time come today?" He asked.

"Let's ask her." Armin called out to Mikasa and she walked out of the kitchen.

"Yes?" Mikasa asked.

"We're going shopping. Do you want to come?" Eren asked.

"Sure. Give me a second." Mikasa walked over to grab her jacket and hat. She slipped her shoes on. "You guys picked such a cold day."

"It'll be okay! We'll warm each other up." Armin teased.

The three left and began walking to the shops.

"Why are we going shopping?" Mikasa asked.

"I'm buying Levi's birthday and Christmas gifts." Eren smiled. "I already got him a nice watch and I want to get him something else. Do you have any ideas?"

"No idea." Mikasa said, running a hand through her hair. "He's probably the hardest person to shop for."

"He is. He doesn't want anything and he doesn't have many interests." Eren sighed. "But I'll find something else and he'll love it."

"That's the spirit. Have you talked to him since the last time we were out shopping?" Armin asked.

"A little bit. He's been busy. It's just been a few texts here and there." Eren wasn't surprised with the lack of texts. Whenever he had a lot of grading to do, or had a lot of meetings it got that way. He was used to it and knew that it wasn't permanent. "We're on different levels and I'm not going to demand he give me attention when he's busy."

"At least you're mature in that way." Mikasa said. "I'm a little surprised you're not second guessing."

"Well I was wondering what he was doing. He just said "work" so I was a little curious. It's not a big deal though." Eren tried to brush it off. He usually did second guess and question himself, but they had been together for a little over a year. He should trust him.

They arrived at the shops and Eren was still stumped on what to get Levi.

"Okay, so now we're on the search." Armin said.

"How many teenagers does it take to find a gift?" Eren laughed softly.

"Clearly more than three because none of us have any ideas." Armin teased.

"Why don't you buy him clothes or something." Mikasa suggested. "Like a jacket or maybe a shirt. I don't know how to shop for guys."

"What if I did something more personal?" Eren started thinking.

"What did you have in mind?" Armin asked.

"I have some pictures of us and I thought it would be nice to make something with them. Maybe like some sort of collage or album?" Eren thought it sounded nice. He knew Levi wasn't a materialistic person. He already got him the watch so making something like an album with memories would be nice. Levi's apartment wasn't very personal so maybe he could even frame something.

Eren did think it was risky, but Levi didn't get any visitors. Having a framed picture of them on his desk at his house wouldn't expose them.

"I think it's a really nice idea. We'd just have to go to the craft store then." Armin said, walking with Eren and Mikasa past a few stores.

"Do you think that's enough? I don't want it to look like I'm barely giving him anything." Eren worried.

"Eren, he will like it. Don't worry. He knows how you are I don't think he'd think you didn't want to get him anything." Armin said, trying to ease his best friend's mind.

"That's true." Eren walked into the craft store to get materials. "I'll need a frame and an album."

"Alright, lets find them." Mikasa walked down the aisles until she came across the frames.

Eren picked out a frame that wasn't giant. He didn't want it to stand out too much in his apartment.

He also found a blank album that he could fill with pictures. Eren had a lot of pictures of them together.

Levi was never opposed to taking pictures. He knew they'd enjoy looking back at them.

Eren wasn't aware, but Levi had snapped a few pictures of him here and there. He also had pictures of the two of them.

"This feels so cheesy." Eren admitted as he gathered his materials. "But I also like it at the same time." He knew the process of personalizing everything would be a lot of fun.

He bought a frame, album, paints and a few other materials to make it look nice.

Eren paid and walked out of the craft section feeling really happy and content. He knew he'd have to get working in it quickly since it was getting closer to winter break.

"Is that all we came for?" Mikasa asked curiously.

"Yeah. We can browse some stores if you want." Eren shrugged.

"Alright." Mikasa began walking with Armin and Eren.

As Armin walked he noticed a familiar face about to pass. He knew Eren and Mikasa saw as well.

Eren was confused. Why was Levi there? Why was he with Ms. Zoe?

He didn't think they had meetings on Saturdays. Levi said he had something work related, but didn't get into detail.

Levi noticed Eren and stopped working Hanji. "Hey."

Eren looked around before approaching with Armin and Mikasa. "I thought you had work."

Eren wasn't suspicious of Levi. It wasn't like he was doing anything bad. He just wondered what happened that caused him to cancel with Eren and then end up somewhere with a friend.

"I finished up earlier than I thought. I was running some errands." Levi said.

"He had a stack of papers to grade and needed some help." Hanji added, explaining why she was there.

Levi glared slightly at Hanji. "We should get going. I'll call you tonight."

"Bye." Eren said, watching them walk away. He then turned to Armin and Mikasa. "What was that about?"

-

:)